Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BIOS Settings

Options
  • 09-12-2014 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭

I'll start by saying my rig is normally left on 24/7 so because of a recent reinstall I've only noticed this issue.

When I say reinstall it was actually a restore of an Acronis image. I have done this numerous times without issue and as far as that goes the restore went fine.

My issue now is this,

When I shutdown or restart, everything is fine and dandy, no issues at all but if I shut down and power off the power supply the system loses its BIOS settings next start.

Is this a simple CMOS battery needs changing scenario or could it be anything else?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

I'd say it was a cmos battery fault. I had exactly the same once, changed the battery and it solved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Battery it was. Happy out :)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement