Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stealing Defeat From the Jaws of Victory

Options
  • 30-10-2016 6:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

Was out with the big toy recently - pulled the second shot, over an moa at 1000ya. Bad news already in. Group size of 12.25".
    pain_zpsxs7wxufb.jpg

Settled back in and seven shots later, on the verge of a "screamer" (< 7.0"). Ended up only getting some frequent flier miles.:(

The last relay is just sub moa - at 10.25". A "yeller" as we call them, but no screamer... Haven't had the heart to break out the eRuler. Just don't want to know what that group could have been.
    pain2_zps59lkoxmx.jpg

Feel free to post images to commiserate your favourite failures.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,032 ✭✭✭clivej

Near and yet so far ;);)

• Subscribers Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭IRLConor

FISMA. wrote: »
    Feel free to post images to commiserate your favourite failures.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLoOTjDBce_/

Not my fault, honest! It was a dud round. Pretty rare with this ammo, but if you shoot enough of it...

EDIT: The same batch did this at the weekend: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=101523868&postcount=610

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭FISMA.

IRLConor wrote: »
    Not my fault, honest! It was a dud round. Pretty rare with this ammo, but if you shoot enough of it...
    That's awful. Clear outlier. The orange is your last shot, correct? Do you remember which one the dropped shot was?
    clivej wrote: »
    Near and yet so far ;);)
    Yeah, thanks lad! :)

Wanna put up a few, or shall I do it for ya ;)

That's awful. Clear outlier. The orange is your last shot, correct? Do you remember which one the dropped shot was?

Yeah, thanks lad! :)

Wanna put up a few, or shall I do it for ya ;)

Bitch ;););)

This is one of my best groups I'd say. Shot a long time ago in February 2011 @Midlands range.

Rifle and Calibre = CZ .223 Varmint 1-9 twist, heavy barrel and Kevlar stock.
    Equipment use = Front rest rear bag off bench @range
    Range to target = 300m
    Number of shots in each group = 3
    Group size = 28mm and 40mm
    Conditions = little wind
    Ammo = Hornaday V-Max 40gr

223at300mcropped-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Oh, yeah, it was pretty obvious at the time but I continued the series because it was a practice match. That round sounded funny and didn't recoil properly. The rest of the screen showed the data for which shot was which, the image above just cropped that out.

Apart from that round, that batch of ammo has been fantastic. My rifle really likes it. It shoots as well as – or possibly better than – the stuff I've batch tested. Thankfully I got that dud one in training.

Advertisement