Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who do the christians???

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭PatricaMcKay2

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Yeah with such articles as "Hitler, Buddha, Krishna – An unholy alliance from the Third Reich to the present day by Victor and Victoria Trimondi" in that linked site, I would approach with caution any allegations found their.

Maybe you should seriously look into the overlap between Hindu nationalism and Far Right in Europe?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

PDN wrote: »
    housetypeb wrote:
    And does it say in the bible that he loathes atheism?
    I don't think so - it just calls them fools. :)
    Is that one of the long list of old testament verses that's no longer true? Or is it one that's metaphorical, and was never true to start with? Or is it one that's literal and therefore still true today?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

So you reckon one of those three from the Bible is right then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Newsite

Manach wrote: »
    So you reckon one of those three from the Bible is right then?

Onesimus just made up that 'He loathes atheism' bit himself.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Oh well, looks like robindch was correct then not putting in the default part in his switch statement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

The only world religion that bears any similarity to Christianity is Judaism. Which makes sense considering Christianity branched from Judaism.

I'm amazed that anyone could draw a similarity of any description between Christianity and Islam however.

What i'm even more amazed at is the thread itself. A fairly odd question has somehow manifested itself as a great big mess of people going further and further off topic in to a generic "Religion" thread. Quite like a lot of threads on this forum unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

robindch wrote: »
    Is that one of the long list of old testament verses that's no longer true? Or is it one that's metaphorical, and was never true to start with? Or is it one that's literal and therefore still true today?

Maybe one, just once, Robin, you will actually ask a question on this forum without a trace of sneering mockery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Newsite

Galatians 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

I think you just answered your own question with startling clarity.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Maybe one, just once, Robin, you will actually ask a question on this forum without a trace of sneering mockery.
    The sneer started before I reached here, dearest Fanny :)

And the question was genuine: Since PDN was taking the opportunity not only to imply that all atheists are fools, but also to enjoy that thought publicly, I was just wondering how come he was so sure the verse actually meant what it clearly said.

I'd hate to think that somebody would read one of those frequently-occurring metaphorical verses, mistake it for a literal one, then use it erroneously to legitimize a cheap insult.

After all, the deity of the OT had dozens of people mauled alive for an insult, albeit probably a true one. Imagine what the deity might call down for an insult that happened to be false!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Newsite wrote: »
    Galatians 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

This comes across as threatening; perhaps you could be so kind as to explain the sentiment behind this quote from your book.

Thanks ever so much.

Kind regards,

o.h.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

...and another thread descends into childishness fueled by people with no discernible reason to be here other than to act the muppet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

prinz wrote: »
    ...and another thread descends into childishness fueled by people with no discernible reason to be here other than to act the muppet.

I perceived the quote as threatening, my post was deleted, so I changed tact and tried to be polite.

I will be on these threads as long as there is villainry, prejudice and contempt from the defenders of the faith.

You don't have to read or even acknowledge my posts.

Regards,

o.h.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

And so begins the usual handbag fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Thread locked due to trolling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement