Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dUMBO society

Options
  • 06-01-2014 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

is it necessary to watch tv with the volume so loud that it can be heard 1/2 miles away?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Only if you are 1/2 miles away from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

Wouldn't it be Mouse Ear Society? Dumbo had big ears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Well I been done seen about everything...........

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭PAULWATSON

Wouldn't it be Mouse Ear Society? Dumbo had big ears.

You'd need concrete ears to live in this society. The little people cannot survive without their "sounds", man.

your username is very shouty

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

PAULWATSON wrote: »
    You'd need concrete ears to live in this society. The little people cannot survive without their "sounds", man.

Who you callin' little? :mad:

• Site Banned Posts: 263 ✭✭Rabelais

I lived in an apartment in Canada where my housemates would sit around laughing at vacuous TV shows like Two And A Half Men and The Big Bang Theory at unbelievable volumes. Stuffing their fat faces with greasy snacks as they laughed like idiots.

I considered murdering them, but then decided moving out would be a better alternative if I wanted to secure a permanent work visa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

My next door neighbours lodger does that. I could mute the volume on our television in the living room and listen to the lodgers tv in the bedroom almost word for word. Dickhead:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,816 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

catallus wrote: »
    What?

I CAN'T HEAR YOU

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

YOU CAN'T HEAR WHO???????

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭stpaddy99

YOULL HAVE TO SHOUT IM WATCHING SCARFACE AND HES JUST PULLED OUT THE HEDGE TRIMMER

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Dublinpato

HOLD ON SECOND I CAN'T HEAR YOU LET ME TAKE OFF MY GLASSES...sorry go ahead what did you say?.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,410 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

What has this got to do with elephants?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

My neighbours used to do this every night watch movies with surround sound it would shake the walls the rumbling bass sound every single night of the week you could hear it from the end of the road it was that loud

I did approach them over it and told them it was bothering me thats why I think they did it every night of the week then because it got worse frown.png

They calmed down a bit now and its only on a saturday night now ever so often but had to put up with it for months :mad:

There should be a law if someone wants to buy surround sound systems that they have to get their room soundproofed if they live adjoined to other houses

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It's the surround sound and bass that cause all the trouble. The sound can travel thanks to the bass without being all that loud in the room it started in. I'd ask my neighbour but they've all moved away for some reason.
    BluesBerry wrote: »
    There should be a law if someone wants to buy surround sound systems that they have to get their room soundproofed if they live adjoined to other houses
    There kind of is. If they're over a certain decibels after 22:30 then they're breaking the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

I have a friend who lets her kids turn up the volume crazy loud on the tv, loudness is comparable to walking into a disco.

It doesn't seem to concern her that this damage her kids ears. Alot of parents allow this, which means those kids, grow up, move out and do the same thing, (and turn it up louder as their hearing worsens).

TV's should not be able to reach a volume where the decibels are damaging. No reason to be that loud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I have partial hearing in one ear due to nerve damage caused by too many loud night clubs and concerts and always having my walkman on 10.

Stupid thing is now I need the tv on at louder than normal volume to hear what is going on.

Advertisement