Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to do?

• 28-12-2013 3:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭

In work tonight and I've asked the boss can I have the 2nd week in Jan off (6th-13th) just to relax after a tough summer and xmas period.

My question for the good folks in AH is what sould I do with this week off. Don't really have anything in mind, was looking at going to a soccer match in England, looking at gigs in Dublin, weekends away in Ireland, just stay at home and eat fast food and play GTA.

Obviously I'm expecting a few smart arse answers but any real suggestions are appreciated (as are the piss takers) :D

So, lets get AH working.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Volunteer. It will do you the power of good to do something for other people :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Daqster

Buy a cheap convertible, like an Mx5 or an MG, and get the boat to Wales and drive to a few matches, living on Fish & Chips as you go. Take selfies of all this, it's all the rage. Then sell the car when you get back. You should get close to what you paid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

The canaries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

cantdecide wrote: »

That sounds like great craic. Go to the football op

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Ffs :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

ColeTrain wrote: »
    That sounds like great craic. Go to the football op

He was expecting smartarse answers and genuine ones. I bet he wasn't expecting suggestions involving selflessness!! Gotta keep 'em on their toes like.

Ya, go to the footie, OP!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

dobman88 wrote: »
    In work tonight and I've asked the boss can I have the 2nd week in Jan off (6th-13th) just to relax after a tough summer and xmas period.

My question for the good folks in AH is what sould I do with this week off. Don't really have anything in mind, was looking at going to a soccer match in England, looking at gigs in Dublin, weekends away in Ireland, just stay at home and eat fast food and play GTA.

Obviously I'm expecting a few smart arse answers but any real suggestions are appreciated (as are the piss takers) :D

So, lets get AH working.

Go to an aul match, it's FA cup third round the first weekend too. Make a weekend of it, go to a gig, see the place.Take it easy for a day or two when you get home, the rest will be appreciated. Then i dunno, maybe go volunteer like someone said, maybe take the car to a random city and have a night out. World's your oyster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

If OP has worked hard all year, including xmas, when the rest of us were indulging, then OP is entitled to a little self indulgence without an accompanying guilt trip. If money is plentiful the best option at this time of year would probably be the Canaries, as recommended by one poster, or a bit of skiing. Otherwise, the soccer seems like a good idea,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Pick a random place in the country and go on an adventure. Take lots of photos!

Actually, go one more, pick a random place in Europe and take off...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

It depends on what OPs interests are too.

Personally my recommendation to someone for a weekend away is often Amsterdam as it's a pretty incredible city that anyone can enjoy (i'm not kidding either, anyone who thinks its some seedy drugs and sex den has obviously never hired a bike and gone sightseeing around the place) but i know there's some who aren't really into the image the place has for the above reasons.

Would always suggest it, but i am biased having lived there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

If you need the rest then don't do anything that will make you feel like you need a holiday after the holiday. Otherwise I'd suggest bouncing of the third kind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

You should relax after your tough summer and Christmas period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

I'm gonna give cantdecide the benefit of a piss take with that volunteering craic.

I was leaning towards the footy but someone mentioned picking a random city in Europe and going for a few days which sounds fun and random (random is always good), might hit up Mr O'Leary and see what deals he has for me.

@Daqster, I actually have done that weekend before (minus the convertible) twice. Left home on a Thursday, stayed in Rosslare for the night, got to Manchester on the Friday, went on the lash in some town outside the city, Old Trafford on Saturday very hungover, on the lash again after, drove to London early Sunday, went to Charlton on Sunday night, on the lash again after, headed to Cardiff on Monday, went on the lash there too and came home battered and bruised on Tuesday but it was one hell of a weekend. Second time was Cheltenham but the stories stay there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Blue Crystal

Take the car to Tesco load up on cheap toilet roll and fap all week

You should relax after your tough summer and Christmas period.

I was always lead to believe it was a once a month thing?

• Site Banned Posts: 91 ✭✭batman88

Amsterdam!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Take the car to Tesco load up on cheap toilet roll and fap all week

While staying at Tesco,or can he come go home?

While staying at Tesco,or can he come go home?

I'm not his mother; he can fap where he sees fit!

Fapping in or near Tesco is frowned upon.. or so I've heard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Daqster

Well, what did you decide to do?

• Advertisement

Tonight was a chill out night, work staff party tomorrow night. Poker night with the lads Wednesday. Poker and beer with my Dad and brother on Thursday. Undecided about the weekend. I've been invited to a 40th birthday party but I also have a hotel room booked for a dirty night away with the girlfriend. Could just do both.

Couldn't find anyone to go to the footy with, all either working or broke after xmas. Didn't want to go on my own. Im happy with the way the week is looking though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Don't forget to go to mass too, cant beat a good mass.

WikiHow wrote: »
    Don't forget to go to mass too, cant beat a good mass.

Was at a funeral yesterday. Thats enough for one week

Advertisement