Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Classic Insurance

Options
  • 23-03-2008 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

Hi, looking for some advice on getting classic insurance. Im 21, well 22 next month so classic insurance is out by myself, I understand you need to be 25 or over for it. I have a full licence and my own car and obviosuly am insured on it. Would it be possible to for my dad to get classic insurance and for me to be then named on that policy? I've been mad about mustangs since I was babey and seen one recently for sale, 4.7 litre engine though. Is it possible to be a named driver on a classic insurance policy? OR should I just wait 3 years :D

Cheers

EDIT: Sorry meant to put in classic cars forum, can a mod move please?, thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

It's possible to be a named driver, but only if you're over 25.

You're going to have to wait a couple of years if you want classic insurance. There's no way around it....

Gil

• Registered Users Posts: 4,045 ✭✭✭afatbollix

can someone one tell me why its like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

Gil_Dub wrote: »
    It's possible to be a named driver, but only if you're over 25.

You're going to have to wait a couple of years if you want classic insurance. There's no way around it....

Gil

fait enough, i spose ill start saving and buy a better mustang in a few years. :D

Cheers

Advertisement