Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Extra Classes - Theory

Options
  • 23-03-2008 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭

I'm posting in learning too...but this is more aimed at current driving parents.

Our local church is looking to get people involved in the non religious side of things...community work, youth work.

Anyhow, was wondering if any of you would send your kids along to a **free-donations going to community if desired** Driver Theory Tutorial given by a driver of a similar age to themselves...me @ 21 for example. Obviously I'd have to get pointers from instructors etc..

Question is: would you reckon there's a benefit to this? as I know some people who just went in and winged the theory test and passed.

Would you send your kids to a theory test tutorial in the local community 3 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    Only if it was given by a certified driving instructor
    100%
    StephenTipsy Macchris85 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Everything you need to know is on the cd-rom.
    The one our family bought has been passed around to so many local houses at this stage. Sharing is caring!

So no, I don't think it'd work so think of another activity the young people can learn. Tidy Towns Competition ftw!

And tbh, there is so much misinformation out there, it'd have be a certified instructor and not from you with no qualifications other than a full licence

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The theory test is an absolute piece of piss. There'd have to be something seriously wrong with anyone dumb enough to fail it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

I'd say it's a bad idea, the way things are in this country if you give them incorrect advice you will have them sueing your ass.

Advertisement