Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling to Cork?

Options
  • 21-08-2015 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Sup,

So if I'm living in Kildare and need to get down to UCC what would be the best way of going about it?

As far as I know The Green Bus goes to Clare but not Cork.

Anyone from Kildare know any buses that go down to Cork? And where they leave from? Timetables etc?

Edit: I do have accommodation down there, I'm not planning on travelling down each morning lol

Cheers lads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Train to Kent. 205 bus from Kent to UCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Benm123

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Train to Kent. 205 bus from Kent to UCC.

I live near Newbridge or Kildare train station, neither of which go to Kent without going to Dublin first and then back down to Kent.

Do you know if there's a bus that leaves anywhere in Kildare and goes to Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Benm123 wrote: »
    I live near Newbridge or Kildare train station, neither of which go to Kent without going to Dublin first and then back down to Kent.

Do you know if there's a bus that leaves anywhere in Kildare and goes to Cork?

I don't think the Dublin-Cork(Bus Eireann) bus stops in Kildare anymore. You're looking at going via Dublin I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Might be worth double checking the Irish rail website. My aunt travels from Newbridge to Cork by train now and again, she might have to change somewhere on the way down to Cork but definitely doesn't go to Dublin first.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Edit to above, I'm not sure if she gets the train from Newbridge or Kildare.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

You could travel to Portlaoise and catch the Cork train or Dublin Coach there

Advertisement