Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on this laptop?

Options
  • 09-05-2015 2:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭

Looking for a new laptop as I'm currently using a pretty old one which is starting to run a bit slow. Found this on HUKD and apparently looks a good deal. Mainly looking for a laptop that will run everyday stuff and multimedia well, and some older games (Left 4 Dead etc, not expecting to run GTAV or anything).

http://www.ebuyer.com/705955-hp-455-quad-core-laptop-l8b56es

Don't really know anything about laptops so any input on wheter it seems a good laptop or not would be appreciated! If anybody knows any better alternatives, I'd be willing to spend up to around 600-700e if there are laptops that are far superior in that range.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Hayezer wrote: »
    Looking for a new laptop as I'm currently using a pretty old one which is starting to run a bit slow. Found this on HUKD and apparently looks a good deal. Mainly looking for a laptop that will run everyday stuff and multimedia well, and some older games (Left 4 Dead etc, not expecting to run GTAV or anything).

http://www.ebuyer.com/705955-hp-455-quad-core-laptop-l8b56es

Don't really know anything about laptops so any input on wheter it seems a good laptop or not would be appreciated! If anybody knows any better alternatives, I'd be willing to spend up to around 600-700e if there are laptops that are far superior in that range.

Looks alright to me. You are aware it doesnt come with Windows?

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

syklops wrote: »
    Looks alright to me. You are aware it doesnt come with Windows?

Yup, I've no experience with Ubuntu but I have a friend in college who once blagged on about it being much better than Windows to me. Also I wasn't a fan of the little experience I have with Windows 8 so I'd be willing to get used to Ubuntu :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Hayezer wrote: »
    Yup, I've no experience with Ubuntu but I have a friend in college who once blagged on about it being much better than Windows to me. Also I wasn't a fan of the little experience I have with Windows 8 so I'd be willing to get used to Ubuntu :)

Well to get started with Ubuntu this should be perfect because it will be preinstalled and all the hardware will be configured and _should_ be working.

We will look forward to seeing you over in the Unix forum.

Advertisement