Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters in Renewable Energy Engineering

Options
  • 27-03-2014 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I have been offered a place in the MSc Renewable Energy Engineering in WIT. I just wondering has anyone done this MSc and what they thought about it? A friend of mine did the undergraduate and it seems to be a good area to get into. I'l be coming from a under graduate in Environmental Science.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Beargrylls01

Have you done a bachelors in Renewable energy, & how did you find it employment wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Imyourlad

Have you done a bachelors in Renewable energy, & how did you find it employment wise?
    No Iv done a bachelors in Environmental Science graduating in August. Iv applied for a few jobs in Ireland but have heard nothing back yet. England seems to be a different story but I don't want to emigrate just yet.

Imyourlad wrote: »
    No Iv done a bachelors in Environmental Science graduating in August. Iv applied for a few jobs in Ireland but have heard nothing back yet. England seems to be a different story but I don't want to emigrate just yet.

I know a lot of people in the Energy course in UL (3rd Year), and the best person in their year couldn't get a minimum wage co op, the demand for Energy students just doesn't seem to be there unfortunately. Have you any experience with this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Imyourlad

I haven't much experience in this area except some cross over from environmental science.

Imyourlad wrote: »
    I haven't much experience in this area except some cross over from environmental science.

I don't know how the fourth years are fairing job wise so I am not exactly that knowledgeable in the area. But it seems that companies aren't sure what exactly an Energy course offers, I mean, engineers physicists and mathematicians can solve problems, simple enough, teachers can teach, but off the bat it's difficult to say what an energy student does,

I need to shut up because at the end of the day the most important thing is that you do what you want to do with your life and try harder than everyone else, then you will do fine.

How is the job market for environmental?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Media999

Friend of mine has 2 related degrees and is only doing this because he STILL cant find work. 9th year in college.

Hes been in college since hes 20 and now entering 30s.

Emigration is your only hope. If this masters is costing you anything just consider it a waste of money and use the money to emigrate instead.

Jobs market here is a bloody disaster for this line of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Is there any 4th year students that browse here that can tell us if there are job prospects for them when they leave.
    these 4th year students will be the first to finish this course i think.

Advertisement