Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Service car by time or mileage?

Options
  • 28-01-2014 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi

I got my first car 6 mths ago. (it's a Toyota Yaris 2007, with 65000km on it when I got it).
    I mainly use it to drive to work and the shops, so I haven't added that much mileage, its roughly 67,500km right now.

There is a label on it saying that the next servicing is due at either 6 months or 73000km. It has been 6 months, but nowhere near 73000km.
    So my question is which one should I follow...the mileage or the time?
    The dealer is advising by time, but then I guess they would do that, so I'm just looking for some impartial advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Sounds like the car was serviced 6 months before the dealer took it in. Service interval is 15000km or 12 months, whichever comes first.

If the car was serviced when you bought it and they're suggesting a yaris needs a service every 5000 miles or 6 months, they're been greedy and lying to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,150 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Whichever comes first. If you do small mileage then follow a time interval, normally once a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Ya as said, whichever comes first. For example, our 206 has only done about 4,000 miles this last year, but it's getting its service in a few weeks.

Advertisement