Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is your role in post-zombie apocalypse?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

i would say leader... but who knows.

My in-laws have a farm out west with cattle, so i would say i'd bring my family there, the FIL is well armed though i'd need to learn without using too much ammo.

My wife is one of 6 daughters so defence would primarily be myself and the FIL who's getting on a bit and probably my brother if he came along. the only other boyfriend/husband couldnt peel a potato so he'd be useless.
    Seriously? Even if your SIL's have traditional roles in a "normal" society and can peel a potato, don't write them all off if it came down to an apocalypse situation. If it came down to survival, you'd be surprised how many women can be defenders when the situation calls for it.

Instead of just relying on your FIL who's getting on a bit, there must be more than one SIL who would be more interested in defending the family than hiding and hoping that the males protect them?

My first thought in an apocalyptic situation would be to divide groups according to strength, rather than gender. I know that traditionally men fulfill the protection roll, but if I had six women I wouldn't count them out.

Now if they are six women who are afraid of breaking their nails and run screaming from a walker rather than taking it down, then I can see were you are coming from. But lets face it, if society has broken down to the point where walkers are a serious threat, I would fear for any ladies who were relying on a man to keep them safe or have serious reservations about any man would didn't consider a woman an asset.

Basically when the **** hits the apocalyptic fan, it doesn't matter if you are male or female. Either you can defend yourself or not. Obviously males have the advantage with them having naturally more body strength but females such as Michonne, Maggie, Carol, Beth, Tasha etc have shown that when the situation calls for it, they can do their part.

If I was ever in an apocalyptic situation and I had only six females with me, instead of thinking that I had to protect them, I would be strategically planning with them, how to survive the situation.

Advertisement