Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transition Year Mini-Business Partners?

Options
  • 15-11-2013 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

16y.o. in Greystones, Co. Wicklow.
    For my Transition Year business idea, I hoped to write and record 30 or so minutes of music, burn it onto CDs and sell them in my school. My recording equipment doesn't stretch past GarageBand to be honest, but GarageBand does provide facilities for an individual to record and layer multiple parts one by one, so I thought I could pull this off.
    However it has occurred to me that it could be more fun and provide a more interesting output idea-wise if other TY students with similar ideas in the area would be interested in collaborating. The general intention would be to write and record at least 30 minutes of music, which we could all then individually sell in our own schools.
    There's no real essential requirements other than you'll own and be competent in at least one instrument. As TY is a good a time as any to try stuff out, you could be a trombonist or a guitarist, the whackier the better.
    Keeping with those ethos, I don't really want to specify a genre you should be interested in. The aim would be to have fun by working to improve your ideas and the ideas of others. As a general framework for the kind of musicians I'd be keen to collaborate with:

THE LAST THREE RECORDS I BOUGHT WERE:
      Miles Davis - Bitches Brew Elvis Costello - My Aim is True Beck - Odelay

MY THREE FAVOURITE RECORDS EVER ARE;
    1. Van Morrison - Astral Weeks
    2. Television -Marquee Moon
    3. Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited

MY THREE FAVOURITE BANDS ARE:
    The Velvet Underground
    The Smiths
    R.E.M.

Get in touch if you're interested!
    lukeduggan97@yahoo.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Moved from Bands & Musicians Community. Better chance at getting other TYers involved here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

I'll admit, your idea is unique but to be honest, I don't think you'll earn any money unless if you get to demo your music at a local concert or pub etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lukeduggan97

@dublinarnie You're right, but if somewhat similar musicians get onboard with this idea then demos, gigs, nothing's out of the question. Making music for a TY business was never going to be a very profitable venture anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 CasualMinds1

Do you play an instrument? Preferably bass?

Advertisement