Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WWE announcing WrestleMania did 1.3 million buys (Updated)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

GTR63 wrote: »
    I have a feeling That the Success of WrestleMania XXVIII Was due to The Rock VS Cena match and The HIAC Match.

Surely it was Maria Mentos & Kelly Kelly vs Eve & Beth no?

Eve could have a WrestleMania match with two broomsticks and still send buy rates sky high!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Surely it was Maria Mentos & Kelly Kelly vs Eve & Beth no?
    I don't think the card could have been a success without the smooth stylings of Cody v Big Show. Slow tempo match that made you think the other matches were great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

I have a feeling That the Success of WrestleMania XXVIII Was due to The Rock VS Cena match and The HIAC Match.

Here's the reason.... I draw the millions.

PhLaGl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,079 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Wonder how many streamed it this year.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

At a guess I'll say 100,000. We're blinded by our own company; we'd be the most tech-savvy of wrestling fans. I'd imagine most Internet users don't go beyond iTunes, Facebook twitter and YouTube.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

jaykhunter wrote: »
    At a guess I'll say 100,000. We're blinded by our own company; we'd be the most tech-savvy of wrestling fans. I'd imagine most Internet users don't go beyond iTunes, Facebook twitter and YouTube.

For the c-shows, streaming isnt even given a second thought, but mania being mania people always feel the pull to splash out. Even if its only one or two watching, i'd say a lot of 'old school' fans in the US checked it out but wont watch the product in the long term anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I'm not buying into this Ciano316=$$$ talk yet, he still has to draw those kinda numbers on his own merit. With Rocky vs Cena, Taker vs HHH III & Maria Mentos in ring debut! It was always going to draw. Thats not even mentioning emotionless asian in bright clothes & Fat Jericho both at Ringside.

I'm not buying into this Ciano316=$$$ talk yet, he still has to draw those kinda numbers on his own merit. With Rocky vs Cena, Taker vs HHH III & Maria Mentos in ring debut! It was always going to draw. Thats not even mentioning emotionless asian in bright clothes & Fat Jericho both at Ringside.

HTZMnl.jpg

Rock vs. Cena
    Undertaker vs. HHH...

I draw the millions. :D

IIRC The next night on RAW Cena called out Ciano316 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

VINCE FEARS CIANO

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Meltzer shot the figure down.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Its a simple mathematical equation. Ciano = Buyrates.

rovert wrote: »
    Meltzer shot the figure down.

A Hammerblow to Ciano316 i'm sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Ciano made me change the channel. His push is too soon and I expect him to be on NXT soon.

CMpunked wrote: »
    VINCE FEARS CIANO

I'd say he certainly fears me getting the same seat next year and ruining his big main event picture moment again... :D

Ciano made me change the channel. His push is too soon and I expect him to be on NXT soon.

I will not be on NXT... You will see some vignettes on Smackdown of huge dark mysterious angry monster for me to arrive and dance and moonwalk my way to the ring with the Funkasauras..... :p

I don't want to be the guy to start the "Are WWE & Ciano316 Done" or "The Myth of Ciano316" threads.

WWE Greatest Rivalries : Vince McMahon vs Ciano316.

Your finisher could be the photobomb!

jaykhunter wrote: »
    WWE Greatest Rivalries : Vince McMahon vs Ciano316.

Your finisher could be the photobomb!

Ciano316 said I just signed your ass? Sorry that Melina pic over the the PW Photos thread is stuck in my head at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

so cena and rock technically was "the biggest match of all time" (at least revenue wise) despite the many fans mocking wwe using that catchphrase to promote the ppv

• Advertisement

Hmm, i thought people mocked the "End of an Era" tagline. Including me! Because it's none of the three's final match. Wasn't Cena/Rock "One in a Lifetime"?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Ciano316 made the twitter section of the latest FSM

That guy is going to be making autograph appearances next FSM, WrestleReunion & Wrestlemania he has been busy thats for sure

I did what???

ciano316 wrote: »
    I did what???

You were in the twitter section of FSM(fighting spirit magazine). Blows my name being printed in the Rte Guide 17 years ago out of the water that.

You were in the twitter section of FSM(fighting spirit magazine). Blows my name being printed in the Rte Guide 17 years ago out of the water that.

What was I doing in the section?? ha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

ciano316 wrote: »
    What was I doing in the section?? ha

You're an overnight sensation, get used to the fame, fortune and women ;)

Charisteas wrote: »
    You're an overnight sensation, get used to the fame, fortune and women ;)

I'd go for the Women first

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I'd go for the Women first

Yeah me too, I just wrote them in alphabetical order because i'm just so politically correct! To be honest i'd take the women even without the fame and fortune :D

• Advertisement

I'm still wondering what I was doing in that twitter section of FSM. I'll have to buy it.

Anyone know if Eason's sells it?

Advertisement