Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12-Jan 2012 onwards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

opr wrote: »
    Unfortunately this is what they are meant to have said in an interview. While a little cringeworthy at the end of the day they wouldn't have been directly doing the deals so I doubt it had any effect on the transfer.

Opr

Feck that sign those five bins I say .

They are great at getting at the end of Downings crosses .

More than I say for the other expensive rubbish that can't ;). :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

tbh I am impressed that they are just like the rest of us when you learn of a transfer target you haven't seen and jump straight onto youtube to see what you can find :pac:

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Time we sneakily swapped the goals for dustbins, might solve our goal scoring issues.

K-9 wrote: »
    :D at Didi and his cigarette with Moores in the shower after the final in Istanbul, "What if Rafa comes in?" :D:

It's long but brilliant stuff:

Very good stuff.
    wrote:
    Instead Hamann signed for Bolton but within hours changed his mind when interest from Manchester City emerged. Bolton ended up pocketing £400,000 for a player who never even kicked a ball for them.

So did Bolton sign him on a free and move him on a few hours later for 400k?
    Good business by us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

SlickRic wrote: »
    agreed LL.

Gerrard in particular escaped a lot of flak from fans on Saturday purely because of who he is and what he's done at the club. and that's fine, i'll excuse him the odd performance.

Adam got absolutely pilloried though, by me included, when Gerrard was as bad.

we need a performance from Stevie. a real swashbuckling one. if we can get this cup under our belts somehow at the end of tomorrow night, and after a final, then it could be just the psychological boost we need.

Err, Gerrard is only back a few games after being out for roughly a year. He is entitled to be rusty, and he wasn't nearly as bad as Adam, who gave the ball away about three times in the opening five minutes. Also, Adam has been consistently awful for about four games on the trot now.

One of the things that annoyed me about the signings of Adam and Henderson, is that neither of them seem good players in their own right...if that makes sense. What I mean by that is that Adam works best with two beside him, and cant really play in a 4-4-2 or without a dedicated enforcer. Henderson doesn't tackle, so needs a defensive player beside him too, but you could also argue that he isnt really good enough on the ball to be the main central creative force. So we have two players, both of whom rely heavily on having at least one, or even two, players beside them.

• Advertisement

David Texeira's picture reminds me of this:

No-Country-for-Old-Men-300x276.jpg

Tusky wrote: »
    Err, Gerrard is only back a few games after being out for roughly a year. He is entitled to be rusty, and he wasn't nearly as bad as Adam, who gave the ball away about three times in the opening five minutes. Also, Adam has been consistently awful for about four games on the trot now.

Yeah but Gerrard has been consistently awful as a CM for years.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

Opr

Henderson seems to have a better grasp of what is expected of a midfielder. Plus he has the stamina to perform in there, Adam doesn't, Gerrard not yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Opr

Well does that not suggest that it is the managers fault for playing him there, and not the players fault?

Although I would dispute that statement. I don't think he has been awful in CM for years.

Opr

I will be keeping an eye on how we perform even when Gerrard is fully fit .

My concern is that we seem to loose some of our flow when he plays .
    Everything kinda has to go through the Gerrard filter in the middle , and if Gerrard has a bad day so do our performances overall .

I'm back screaming at the TV when I see him going to take a corner .

I distinctly remember the games at the start of the season getting a right buzz on how we attacked fluidly and as a unit , and remember saying it was great we were doing it without Gerrard , and we were not really missing him .

I know it's too early to say but I have seen glimpse of us becoming less footloose again in the recent games he has played .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

The-Rigger wrote: »
    David Texeira's picture reminds me of this:

No-Country-for-Old-Men-300x276.jpg

No Country for Old Negritos

Well does that not suggest that it is the managers fault for playing him there, and not the players fault?

Although I would dispute that statement. I don't think he has been awful in CM for years.

Completely and I have said as much. The tactical naivety of playing an Adam/Gerrard midfield was my biggest concerns from the last game.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

alantkayll Alan Kayll
    We have signed Joao Carlos Teixeira

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Opr
    Awful is a bit harsh especially as he has been in the CAM/CF position for a good while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

amiable wrote: »
    alantkayll Alan Kayll

Didn't this happen last week?

I even highlighted that to make sure there were no hidden words.:D

I am not going to be drawn into the Gerrard thing. Everyone has a view on it but I don't think 'awful' is harsh. He has none of the brain power or tactical awareness to occupy that position.

Opr

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Didn't this happen last week?

I even highlighted that to make sure there were no hidden words.:D

No just speculation but nothing confirmed last week.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Gerrard is capable of being brilliant in central midfield.

He's also capable of being very poor there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

K-9 wrote: »
    :D at Didi and his cigarette with Moores in the shower after the final in Istanbul, "What if Rafa comes in?" :D:

It's long but brilliant stuff:

[/COLOR][/LEFT]

Jesus. The club don't like blacks. Now we learn the club don't like fags. The press could go to town on us on this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

mixednuts wrote: »
    I will be keeping an eye on how we perform even when Gerrard is fully fit .

My concern is that we seem to loose some of our flow when he plays .
    Everything kinda has to go through the Gerrard filter in the middle , and if Gerrard has a bad day so do our performances overall .

I'm back screaming at the TV when I see him going to take a corner .

I distinctly remember the games at the start of the season getting a right buzz on how we attacked fluidly and as a unit , and remember saying it was great we were doing it without Gerrard , and we were not really missing him .

I know it's too early to say but I have seen glimpse of us becoming less footloose again in the recent games he has played .

Were playing poorly because of poor signings and bad tactics. To say its because of Gerrard is laughable. If Gerrard has a bad day at the office resulting in the team playing poorly what does that say about the rest of the players?

• Advertisement

Were playing poorly because of poor signings and bad tactics. To say its because of Gerrard is laughable. If Gerrard has a bad day at the office resulting in the team playing poorly what does that say about the rest of the players?

Well I think the other ten players play completely different when Gerrard plays.
    And sometimes not for the better .

Maybe it's because of his status , I don't know .

But there is no denying we have played better in the games that Gerrard was out ... Is it just an unfortunate coincidents rather than it been directly attributed to Gerrard playing?? , maybe , but that's why I will be seeing if we improve when he is fully fit .

That's all .

Has it been mentioned yet that David Texeira's last name is Torres?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

alantkayll Alan Kayll

Is this the young Texaco or the slightly older Texaco?

Is this the young Texaco or the slightly older Texaco?

The young Portuguese lad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

The young Portuguese lad

So we are still after this striker guy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    jeez manual_man, that's quite the streak of bad posting. :(

Though as hard as it is to believe, there were people in this thread calling for the head of Benitez during the 2007 / 8 season!! When you think about where we were then in comparison to now, it really makes you wonder about elements of our fanbase.

I can't even remember what side of the Rafa fence I was on when he left. Needless to say, my appreciation of the man forever increased during the first half of last season.

10/11, the season of Woy and Man U fans feeling sorry for us.

So we are still after this striker guy?

It would seem so. I think the club plan to announce both deals on the same day to fcuk with the media :D

Rumours that a Liverpool player will go to Groningen on loan as part of the Cesar David Texeira torres deal and Liverpool will play a friendly against them.

Amoo being mentioned as the player heading there

Amoo is already out on loan ? Bury completed a deal a while back to keep him until the end of the season.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

As long as it's one of the youngsters like Suso, Coady etc that is fine. Would be a great experience, far better than reserve football.

• Advertisement

Amoo is already out on loan ? Bury completed a deal a while back to keep him until the end of the season.

Opr

Maybe it was Ngoo I saw mentioned so.

I think he scored today for the reserves?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement