Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

where have all the nice woman gone!

• 13-01-2012 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

ive been dating now for a few months, been to clubs pubs and late bars. met some nice girl but only to find out there cracked! is it just me or most irish girls nuts and expecting to much of men these days ?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

It's a numbers game really...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I could say the same about men tbh. I'm nice :) but yeah probably a bit cracked too.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dancesatnight

true sure ill be out tonight lol

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭lardossan

I reckon if Irish girls judged you by your spelling and grammar you'd be well and truly boned.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

In before this gets locked! ;)

Don't take it personally OP, Irish women in general seem to have serious self esteem issues and this usually projects into a bitchy persona which makes alot of them virtually unapproachable. Some also have ridiculously high standards which I find strange as most don't compare well when held up to women of different nationalities.

I'm married to an English woman btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Well I married one, so I guess we only need to account for the other ~2,000,000 ladies.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

It's the same problem with Irish men, a lot of the ones I come across seem to be 'cracked' in some way as well, but I've learnt not to judge all Irish men that way, there are nice guys out there, it's just hard to find them!

lardossan wrote: »
    I reckon if Irish girls judged you by your spelling and grammar you'd be well and truly boned.

ah balls so i can't spell or use grama and im ugly i truely am boned lol

i think your on to something Phat Cat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

There are a few things happening. First off, late bars and clubs are not really the places to go to find the mother of your children.

Even the 'nice' women in clubs and bars are not in 'nice' mode, they are in get hammered and find a hot guy to take home mode.

If you want to find a 'normal' girl, look for her in a normal place, like on the street or in the shopping centre or in museums.

If you want to date someone with similar interests as you go to the place where those type of people hang out and keep your eyes peeled.

In clubs women are being approached by all kinds of weirdos, so they have their guard up. Approach them when their guard is down, and you will have more luck.

Good hunting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Phat Cat wrote: »
    Irish women in general seem to have serious self esteem issues and this usually projects into a bitchy persona which makes alot of them virtually unapproachable. Some also have ridiculously high standards which I find strange as most don't compare well when held up to women of different nationalities.
    I'm fairly confident stating: this kind of generlised bullshit isn't welcome round these parts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

The sweeping generalisations are coming thick and fast in here folks, so I would like to draw your attention to this part of the Charter for this forum.
    Less of those type of comments folks please.

• Administrators Posts: 54,087 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Perhaps we should all look realise that every individual, whether it be male or female, we all have our own individual "quirks" if you will.
    As syklops suggested, if you wish to find someone with similar interests to yourself, go to certain places other than the clubs and keep the eyes peeled!:)

mariebeth wrote: »
    It's the same problem with Irish men, a lot of the ones I come across seem to be 'cracked' in some way as well, but I've learnt not to judge all Irish men that way, there are nice guys out there, it's just hard to find them!

needle in a hay stack on both sides i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

I sincerely apologise to anybody that I offended with my last post.

My opinion is obviously not a popular one but it is my opinion none the less and I doubt that I'm the only one that feels this way as this topic seems to appear weekly on these forums for one reason or another. No smoke without fire etc.

For those of you in relationships which Irish women, more power to you, it's something that I could have never done.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭magicwok

Don't take it personally OP, Irish women in general seem to have serious self esteem issues and this usually projects into a bitchy persona which makes alot of them virtually unapproachable. Some also have ridiculously high standards which I find strange as most don't compare well when held up to women of different nationalities.

Never a truer word spoken, I dont go out with irish girls for this reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

Oh dear, in before the usual superwomen to the hurted females rescue. :pac:

As said before, clubs are the worst place to go in search of women but I actually find some pubs very decent if you go to the right ones.

Its best not to get too locked either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I sincerely apologise to anybody that I offended with my last post.

My opinion is obviously not a popular one but it is my opinion none the less and I doubt that I'm the only one that feels this way as this topic seems to appear weekly on these forums for one reason or another. No smoke without fire etc.

For those of you in relationships which Irish women, more power to you, it's something that I could have never done.

If you have no experience of having relationships with Irish women then how do you know what it's like?

Seems a bit of an odd statement to me.

I disagree with the sweeping statement that everybody that goes to pubs/nightclubs is looking to get laid. maybe you could apply this to men, but I wouldn't apply it to women anyway.

• Administrators Posts: 54,087 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭niamhx

Op can I ask, how old are you ? Reason I ask is, most 20 something's are needy, self unvolved pita. That goes for the guys too.

Can someone else explain the term "cracked" to me ? I'm not single or cracked, few lines alright !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

Some also have ridiculously high standards which I find strange as most don't compare well when held up to women of different nationalities.

I don't think there's anything wrong with anyone having high standards in who they date, no matter what they look like. :confused:

Isn't it always the same few players making/contributing to these threads though?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I disagree with the sweeping statement that everybody that goes to pubs/nightclubs is looking to get laid. maybe you could apply this to men, but I wouldn't apply it to women anyway.

Em, no.

If you have no experience of having relationships with Irish women then how do you know what it's like?

Seems a bit of an odd statement to me.

Good point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

A lot of women, myself included, get groped, pawed at, end up wearing other peoples drinks, and I don't know about other girls, but I generally tend to get really annoyed by about 1am in a nightclub. I have a few drinks, but I don't go out to get drunk so I'm always sober enough for it to irritate me.
    My friend had a guy put his hand up her skirt one night in a nightclub, when she turned and hit him, she got thrown out and he was allowed to stay.
    Unless you are looking for a cheap lay, nightclubs probably aren't the best place to find a girlfriend.
    I know a lot of people would disagree, but have you tried internet dating? I met my boyfriend online, and I'm in the best relationship I've ever had.

awec wrote: »
    Doesn't apply to men either.
    Em, no.

ok then, I wasn't saying it does, I said maybe ye want to (ye being mostly men here) as ye would know from a mans point of view.

expecting to much of men these days ?

What kind of expectations are you coming across?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Ehhhh,no.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement