Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McDonalds double cheeseburger appreciation thread

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

RichieC wrote: »
    What's the point in even saying this when it's clearly bollocks?

Mecanically reclaimed meat, wilted lettuce, soggy bun, plastic cheese and more grease than a spotty teenager. Not everyone thinks it's the height of modern cuisine. Try eating some real food.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Didnt they used to have double cheeseburger and medium friesfor €2 back in 2004

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

can I haz cheezeburga pleaze

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Horgan wrote: »
    I think a big 'up' is deserved for the almighty double cheeseburger..

I'm afraid there's nothing 'mighty' about a McDonalds cheeseburger. Fúck, it wouldn't fill a mouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Seachmall wrote: »
    Supermacs is lovely, way better than the others.

I know none of them constitute fine dining but those Supermacs burgers taste like very very cheap meat to me.

Never again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

I know none of them constitute fine dining but those Supermacs burgers taste like very very cheap meat to me.

Never again.

It's all in your head. "It's Irish, it can't compare to the big American chains", well I'm here to tell you that Supermacs has been proven to be the best restaurant in all of the land.U]citation needed[/U

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

The double cheeseburger for 2euro is part of the eurosaver menu, its not a normal price.

Irrelevant. VAT rates apply to everything, whether or not they are a "special offer".

If the €2 included the old VAT rate, then McDonalds would have been charging a net price of €1.76, meaning that the new price should be €1.92

The only way it could still be €2 is if McDonalds have sneakily increased their net price to €1.84, an increase of almost 5%, and therefore should be named and shamed in the list of companies not passing on the decrease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

I'm here to tell you that Supermacs has been proven to be the best restaurant in all of the land.U]citation needed[/U

* Said land being Chechnya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

These are $1.29 in Canada. Thats 92 euro cents. You could buy em 12 at a time and be the most popular guy in town. When I lived in Alberta they were like a sort of de facto currency. You could pay off debt by installments in cheeseburgers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

CiaranC wrote: »
    These are $1.29 in Canada. Thats 92 euro cents. You could buy em 12 at a time and be the most popular guy in town. When I lived in Alberta they were like a sort of de facto currency. You could pay off debt by installments in cheeseburgers

:(:(:( Livin the dream.

• Advertisement

stimpson wrote: »
    Try eating some real food.

Such as vomit?

Such as vomit?

At least it used to be real food.

At least it used to be real food.

So did my shit, care to dig in?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Mecanically reclaimed meat, wilted lettuce, soggy bun, plastic cheese and more grease than a spotty teenager. Not everyone thinks it's the height of modern cuisine. Try eating some real food.
    The lettuce and bun in McDonald's burgers are always of an excellent quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

CiaranC wrote: »
    A friend of mine used to order ten 99c regular burgers at a time for his meal :eek:

So did my shit, care to dig in?

Just searing myself a juicy steak so I'm not sure I could manage it, but if I was stuck on a desert island and I only had 2 choices I'd give it serious consideration.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭blue movie

Twisty Fries, cheese burger and 6 nuggets. Thats my lunch time snack :D

Does anyone remember the Mega Mac?? They used to sell them in the ashleaf shopping centre. It was a sad day when they stopped :mad:
    megamac.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Just searing myself a juicy steak so I'm not sure I could manage it, but if I was stuck on a desert island and I only had 2 choices I'd give it serious consideration.

You'd consider eating the shít instead of a steak? You sicko.

Is that as result of a fetish or a rare inability to distinguish between food and feces?

Is that as result of a fetish or a rare inability to distinguish between food and feces?

Asks the man who eats in Supermacs. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Asks the man who eats in Supermacs. :rolleyes:

I lol'd at that, nice turn around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

aahh stop lads im starving :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

http://aht.seriouseats.com/images/20090901-bk-ad.jpg

BK double cheeseburger, or just get 2 or 3 cheeseburgers. Love that flame charred meat and the mustard on em, delish.

A Big Mac meal, with a nice coffee and FRESH milk, not uht (cos it's sh1te) and the paper, that's my happy meal. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Karona wrote: »
    Love Mickey D's double cheese burgers, bloody gorgeous, who wants to get me on now, I'm in Drogheda today.
    Slightly off topic:

There's a short brunette bird that works the counter in McDonalds in Drogheda and she's an absolute fupping ride! Seen her yesterday morning when I was in for "breakfast".

/Stalker

Double Cheeseburgers are great for something quick and easy but if you want a real man burger its gotta be the Triple Whopper or the Steakhouse Angus.

Advertisement