Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

toyota corolla verso

• 28-05-2011 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

i am thinking of buying a corolla verso 1.9 d4d 2005 does anybody have an opinion of these whats the fuel consumsion like i would be greatful for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They're ultra rare in a diesel as toyota charged a massive premium for the 2.0 D-4D from the Avensis.
    Look for dual mass flywheel and injector problems, but apart from that theres little to go wrong. There was an airbag recall on these, can't remember the specifics.

Lex Luthor on here had one for a good while. Think he was very happy with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Small enough yoke. Zafira is possibly a better ownership proposition as it's moderately reliable and much cheaper to fix, as well as being bigger of course.

The zafiras rear seating is miles behind, Im not convinced on it being bigger.

The 2005 Corolla Verso has only 2 rows of seats, the Zafira has 3 (the 3rd row is a compromise, but nonetheless it exists).

Also, the 2005 Zafira is about 8 inches longer.

The Zafira is taller too, not sure by how much.

toyota.jpg

Seven individual seats. No sliding of a middle bench seat to fold/unfold rear seats or access the back. Miles ahead of the 90s opel system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

colm_mcm wrote: »
    They're ultra rare in a diesel as toyota charged a massive premium for the 2.0 D-4D from the Avensis.
    Look for dual mass flywheel and injector problems, but apart from that theres little to go wrong. There was an airbag recall on these, can't remember the specifics.

Lex Luthor on here had one for a good while. Think he was very happy with it.

Still have it (4yr on). Wifes is also a '05. Sol spec. Told its rare
    had been thinkin lately of moving it on as wasnt sure if the diesel was economical enough. Have checked it on last few fills and on mostly school runs irs averaging 42mpg. Decided to keep it
    Airbag recall on ours was done in 07
    colm_mcm wrote: »
    The zafiras rear seating is miles behind, Im not convinced on it being bigger.
    I think it is. Had a zafira on rental a few yr ago for 2 weeks and boot was def bigger. However on everything else the verso was better
    n97 mini wrote: »
    The 2005 Corolla Verso has only 2 rows of seats, the Zafira has 3 (the 3rd row is a compromise, but nonetheless it exists).
    The corolla verso mk2 has always been a 7 seater

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭pmct

Thanks for the info think I'll go for the one i am-looking at if I can sell my own one

The boot is bigger, but still found the verso bigger in the middle row. The 3 part seat good for child seats too

pmct wrote: »
    Thanks for the info think I'll go for the one i am-looking at if I can sell my own one

Throw up a link so we can have a look

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    The corolla verso mk2 has always been a 7 seater
    I thought that wasn't till the 2006 MY?

If the OP's looking at a 7-seater then my apologies.

On balance I would still go for the Zafira as they're cheap as chips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭pmct

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2196245 here the one I am looking at

n97 mini wrote: »
    I thought that wasn't till the 2006 MY?

If the OP's looking at a 7-seater then my apologies.

On balance I would still go for the Zafira as they're cheap as chips.

The original verso ran from 02 to 04, was based on the corolla. the second one came in 04 and was always 7 seat. I think the toyota is a better car, but the opel will probably be priced better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Technique

Bought one new in May '04, one of the first on the road. It's a 1.6 petrol as the diesel was €5k dearer and the maths wouldn't work out. The missus drives it 90% of the time and she loves it. Has never given us as much as a second's bother. I don't find it particularly stimulating to drive, to say the least, but as a real world car it's hard to fault.

pmct wrote: »

That one is a UK import but wouldn't let it bother me. Spec is good on that one as it has cruise and climate control. Those 2 were only available on the sol spec here.

Price looks good aswell.

Advertisement