Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Identey CRISIS!!

Options
  • 27-07-2010 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi My name is Mick I'm 22 and I'm Bi-sexual (cross dresser). But my porblem is that I'm fat, and have been very hesitant of entering any of the "bars" in Dublin for fear of ridicule or rejection and since the only gay mate I had died in '08 I don't know any one who I can talk to about this...So I need to ask the forum if theay could give some direction as to where I may stand........Will I Face rejection based on my aperance or will the the scene accept me....All opinions appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭deirdre_dub

Hi My name is Mick I'm 22 and I'm Bi-sexual (cross dresser). But my porblem is that I'm fat, and have been very hesitant of entering any of the "bars" in Dublin for fear of ridicule or rejection and since the only gay mate I had died in '08 I don't know any one who I can talk to about this...So I need to ask the forum if theay could give some direction as to where I may stand........Will I Face rejection based on my aperance or will the the scene accept me....All opinions appreciated

First of all, I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.

Might you be ridiculed for being overweight? Yes, but no more so than in society at large.

But I think you are asking a more specific question than that, namely might you be ridiculed as a "ridiculous-looking" cross-dresser? The good news is that I used to be grossly overweight myself, and I never experienced ridicule in the trans community. However, I had lost quite a bit of weight before I ventured further into the scene. Still, I imagine that for every *sshole you come across, you will come across dozens who will accept you for who you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Having been both skinny and fat, I can safely say that you don't get stared at any more or less depending on your weight.

I can't comment on how often CDs get stared at though. Probably not more than the average punter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

I think that an overweight cross-dresser would be better accepted than those of us who are overweight and often mistaken for straight.
    People tend to walk by me and not even notice that I'm there. (Unless I've just been up on Karaoke night, in which case a polite compliment on my singing will usually come my way.. but generally nothing more than that.)
    The last time someone who wasn't bat-**** crazy struck up a conversation with me in a pub or a club was in the late 1980's... and I've never had any luck striking up conversations myself in any circumstance.

Being a cross-dresser, I think you'll likely be approached, at the very least by other CD's. There are several, including one who runs a Karaoke night, on the scene pretty regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 victoriawinter

did you venture out
    I think ur ready to be brave bold and beautiful
    there are lots of flattering figure styling fashions that might help you with your confidence

Advertisement