Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman knocks down pope

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Duiske wrote: »
    I don't understand the picture in the OP. If it was a woman that attacked him, why did the pope bitch-slap the bishop ??

http://news.sky.com/sky-news/content/StaticFile/jpg/2009/Dec/Week2/15498518.jpg
    Why is John Gormley there???:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Nice morning present for all the anti-Catholics.
    Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Good ol anti-Catholicism :rolleyes:

Nah. That's not anti-Catholicism. Being anti-Catholic doesn't mean you think its funny for a woman to knock over an old geezer. That's more like pro-idiocy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

bronte wrote: »
    He's entirely out of touch with reality.
    How many people are going to follow that advice?
    Contraception was viewed by him in a negative light, which given his power and influence is a very serious matter.
    He has blood on his hands.

Because in the Catholic Church the sins of fornication and contraception are not equal.
    Fornication > contraception.

If you are going to have sex outside marriage, against Chruch teaching, then you aren't going to pay attention to the teachings on contraception either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

The woman is Swiss. I thought they were neutral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭GLUEY

Fuppin' Nazi.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

On Sky News ....... an elderly cardinal suffered a broken leg.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Comparing the pope to Hitler is beyond stupid.

Well the Pope and Hitler did hang out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

I wonder will he show his christian spirit and see that she is looked after rather than locked up.

Probably not : she's female, so she's not a bishop.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

While I wouldn't normally be happy to hear an old man was knocked down I'll make an exception for the pope. He's not a good man. Covering up child abuse and then years later releasing hypocritical statements about how "sorry" he is it happened. Doing everything in his power to deny same-sex couples civil marriage rights. Giving his sermon about selfishness when his church seems to focus most of its energy on self-preservation at whatever cost.

No, I really do not like that man.

What Ever youer beliefs Are, People really shouldnt be Making fun of someone attacking the head of the largest church in the world, and and 82 year old man.

I dont agree with everything The Roman Catholic church says, but he deserves respect.

Can you not accept that maybe just maybe people are this upset at the Catholic churches treatment of their victimns?

Long overdue if anything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I feel really sorry for him. The security should have been stepped up knowing what happened last year. I can't believe people actually voted to the first one. If this happened to your elderly grandparent/parent, how would you feel then?

This woman needs to be locked up. It makes me sick what she did to a frail elderly man who did not deserve this. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭g-whizz

What breed of príck says "Nice one, great xmas present!" when an 82 year old man gets attacked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭g-whizz

rovert wrote: »
    Can you not accept that maybe just maybe people are this upset at the Catholic churches treatment of their victimns?

Long overdue if anything.

so every single clergyman was in on it?
    get real will you? and attacking an 82 year old would do what exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,858 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

F.T.P.

g-whizz wrote: »
    so every single clergyman was in on it?

Some jump in logic here.
    g-whizz wrote: »
    get real will you? and attacking an 82 year old would do what exactly?

This was an individual working on their own (most likely) in an act of aggression/frustration so you have to ask that person. But it does articulate a great many people’s feelings towards the church's actions and lack of action in other areas.

You can talk about attacking a 82 year old all you want but his organisation visited much, much worse on 8 and 2 year olds.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭fearcruach

Wow did I take a wrong turn or is this After Hours?

It's Christmas day. Any chance we can leave the serious discussion by the door and just wait until our kids come up to us on Christmas Day in 20 years and show us the video clip they found when searching "hilarious videos" on youtube?

Merry Christmas AH

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Your a great chap all together. You basically being biast towrads somewhere because of their beliefs well done. Hope you wake up tomorrow all proud of yourself.
    Yep, I did! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I hope Richard Dawkins has a good alibi :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

If you have been affected by this incident or the content of this thread call the hotline below now and discuss it further.

All the lads are on standby waiting for your call.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I hope this doesn't mean that the catholics have invented a new superpope that is invunerable to attack and shoots lasers from his eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

This poll is missing a "dont give a flying fiddlers either way" option
    Where were the Swiss Guards anyway? They could have dazzled her with those flashy uniforms.

Ive always wondered why a predominantely Protestant(/Atheist ?) country provides private security for the Pope ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Where were the Swiss Guards anyway?

They were too busy patrolling the streets for rogue minarets

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Is the Pope not meant to be infallible?

I've been lied to... :D

(I'm sure someone else made this wisecrack earlier in the thread, but I had to say it)

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

If the Pope doesn't want to be knocked down, he shouldn't dress up as a skittle. :D

(thanks to sickipedia :pac:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭994

Could it have anything to do with Matthew 9:18-22?
    While he was saying these things to them, behold, a ruler came in and knelt before him, saying, “My daughter has just died, but come and lay your hand on her, and she will live.” And Jesus rose and followed him, with his disciples. And behold, a woman who had suffered from a discharge of blood for twelve years came up behind him and touched the fringe of his garment, for she said to herself, “If I only touch his garment, I will be made well.” Jesus turned, and seeing her he said, “Take heart, daughter; your faith has made you well.” And instantly the woman was made well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭Panda

did she knock him down coz he knocked her up? ba dum tissssh....

thats not even funny

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

Is the Pope not meant to be infallible?

I've been lied to... :D

(I'm sure someone else made this wisecrack earlier in the thread, but I had to say it)

Nah, I think he's just inflammable ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭randypriest

The Nazi was taking her young son from behind at the time, what was she supposed to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,789 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

friendface wrote: »
    Nah, I think he's just inflammable ;)

Inflammable means flammable?!! What a country!
    :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭randypriest

I watched the whole mass. Best **** I had in a long time.

Advertisement