Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dell repairs on site next business day

• 06-09-2008 3:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭

Hi all

i have an xps m1330 that i think has a short somewhere. everytime i turn it off, either at vista or on the power button, it turns back on again showing the dell media direct splash screen, even though i wiped that partition off totally because i thought that was the problem.

everytime i put the ac plug back on (if i put battery on, its always on so its always out now), it lights up immediately.

i have dell on site next day repair. however i have a question, i work full time everyday and free only saturday. would they come on saturday?or if i have to take time off work, do they give a specific time so i can be here for say half the day only?or would they do it at work?or would they take it away or repair it on site?do they bring spare parts?how long would they usually take?

thanks for replying.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

bring it to work with you they can only give you a am / pm estimate, do not do calls on a sat, and will take approx 30 mins to change the system board

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

nope they don't do sat. When i had this issue with my last one i was told my appointment was for between the hours of 9-5.30, it also took them a week to actually send someone over. Dell book it from india with a contractor here so they can't book a time for you. The second time they told me to take two days off work together. On my new one i got a premium home user warranty that do evening appointments and sat but give a time of 3 days after you call for technician to arrive but you can book a time with this as contractor calls you to arrange it. I think its a much better deal. They will come to your work to service it if thats possible but they don't take it now at all.

Advertisement