Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Simpsons movie

• 11-11-2004 12:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know anything about the Simpsons movie? Or was it just a myth

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Nasty_Girl wrote:
    Does anyone know anything about the Simpsons movie? Or was it just a myth

just a myth . . . i hope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

It was mentioned in the news part of empireonline.co.uk a few days ago. It is scheduled for a 2008 release, that is when The Simpsons are 20 years old :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

mayordenis wrote:
    just a myth . . . i hope

let hope what denis says is true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,035 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Some news on The Simpsons Movie announced today. From JoBlo.com:
    JoBlo.com wrote:
    You'd think a movie based on "The Simpsons" would be a sure thing. But no, it's been stuck in production hell for years now.

In a recent interview Al Jean, executive producer of the show, did with Entertainment Weekly, however, he mentioned the reason for the delay was "the biggest thing is you don't want to do a movie that's not reflective of the quality of the show, and you don't want the quality of the show to slip because you're doing the movie. So we're taking a little time."

Little time? I guess he counts time exponentially. The silver lining, however, is that they're looking at a possible 2008 release date.

Finally, when asked about the plot for the movie, his appropriately cryptic response was '"there are a couple things on the show that I steered away from what might be in the movie".

For the rest of the interview and some more "Simpsons" related news, go HERE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

I was at a talk with Nancy Cartwright (The Voice of Bart Simpson, etc.) a year or two ago and she said (pretty positive!) that it was in their contracts to have a film so it WILL happen, I'm sorry to report.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Bri wrote:
    I was at a talk with Nancy Cartwright (The Voice of Bart Simpson, etc.) a year or two ago and she said (pretty positive!) that it was in their contracts to have a film so it WILL happen, I'm sorry to report.

Good stuff! Simpsons movie would be great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

I wouldn't think so, not at the rate the Simpsons is degenerating at the minute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Exactly. If the new episodes are poor imagine how many subplots and so on would fill a 1-2hr movie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭weerez

A Simpson's film would be a big mistake based on the quality of the last few series. I can't think of any reason why they should make a film (apart from the money they'll make). Why not improve the show's quality first and then try making a film. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Christ, I'd have to sit through an hour and a half of the garbage they put out now? Not a chance. Someone please cancel the show before it gets even worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Hopefully by the time it's supposed to go into production the series will have been canned.
    It really is awful at this stage and I find it's tainting the older episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

Money does still talk. I could well see this happening because you know you'd go to see it, just on the off-chance that it might actually be good, or just because it's the Simpsons, or for nostalgia value or loads of other reasons :mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

oh no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

all the quotes from the production team etc... regarding the movie: http://www.snpp.com/news/movie.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Although the last few series haven't been up to par, the very latest ones are better. Maybe The Simpsons is heading into a second golden age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

koneko wrote:
    Christ, I'd have to sit through an hour and a half of the garbage they put out now? Not a chance. Someone please cancel the show before it gets even worse.
    Why does someone glue you to a seat and force you to watch it? Seriously my brother just stopped watchin the new ones coz he thinks they're sh*te, you can still watch the old ones! Although personally I've seen the old ones so many times since I was six that they now mean nothing to me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Aye

A movie could be good if they brought back all the old writers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

The film could be good ..... if the current writing staff were all taken out & executed and replaced by 1,000 monkeys at 1,000 typewriters .... and oh if Matt Groening actually started to care again about the output of his ****heap show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭monkey tennis

Nothing good could come of this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Nasty_Girl wrote:
    Does anyone know anything about the Simpsons movie?
    Yes, it'll be complete poo and make Matt Groening another canyon-load of money.

Remember where you heard it first.

• Advertisement
Advertisement