Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NBA Playoffs 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Larry Bird there before he realised he was on camera :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Hey Roy.

11kd2qpjpg.gif

39-38 to Atlanta at the half. Hawks shooting 2-16 from three.

On to the Thunder/Grizzlies for me.

Paully D wrote: »
    39-38 to Atlanta at the half. Hawks shooting 2-16 from three.

On to the Thunder/Grizzlies for me.
    I don't blame you.

Vogel is killing us keeping Roy on the floor.

Seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

I would bench Roy. Mahinmi is the more effective center right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Half of Atlanta's shot attempts have been threes and they're still up by 10! Indiana's 'stars' are missing in action.

This is pathetic

If anyone is wondering why there's doubts over Vogel's job, just watch tonight's game as a classic example.

• Advertisement

Oh f*ck me, of course he hits that.

And he was out of bounds. That's two blown out of bounds calls by the refs tonight.

Commentators give the Play of the Game to Teague's out of bounds shot.

OK then.

Commentators give the Play of the Game to Teague's out of bounds shot.

OK then.
    It's the NBA. If it looks good, it counts.

The best team won. I don't understand what has happened to us. Its unbelievable how much we collapsed.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    If anyone is wondering why there's doubts over Vogel's job, just watch tonight's game as a classic example.

Unless there's massive turnaround. It's possible Vogal will be fired and Larry Bird could take over.

Roy Hibbert's 8 minutes in the third quarter were the basketball holocaust. Blame the refs all you want, but if Roy doesn't play like a jackass in the third we wouldn't have been down by that much going into the fourth in the first place.

Vogel putting Hill back in the 4th was insane.

Oh f*ck me, of course he hits that.

And he was out of bounds. That's two blown out of bounds calls by the refs tonight.

It shouldn't have counted, But lets be real. We are the No.1 seed, we shouldn't be relying on a refs decision to come back against a sub .500 8th seed in the 4th . The Pacers should be establishing a lead in the first half, Maintaining it and extending it through the 3rd and 4th.

Roy Hibbert's 8 minutes in the third quarter were the basketball holocaust. Blame the refs all you want, but if Roy doesn't play like a jackass in the third we wouldn't have been down by that much going into the fourth in the first place.

Vogel putting Hill back in the 4th was insane.

Roy is just a non factor right now. I would star game 4 with

West
    Scola
    Lance
    George
    Watson.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Only tuning in now.

To arrogance.

Beer.gif

I suppose if OKC do get bounced in the first round, the FO might act and fire that fool, Brooks. Grizzlies up 9 with 5 minutes remaining.

• Advertisement

OKC on a monster run, 3 point game, were down 17 midway through the 3rd.

:eek:

I don't know how to describe what I just saw in the appropriate words. Ball game tied after a ridiculous 4 point play from Russ. 26 sec left and it's Grizz ball.

OT in Memphis!

Big finish in Memphis tie ball game

edit: OT. Id say Memphis have blown their shot.

I just cracked up laughing. These OKC plays, man. Deary, deary me.

BmCRfNvCUAAwTs_.jpg:large

The Grizzlies hold on for the win. People need to watch the 4Q and OT for themselves. Memphis go 2-1 on the series.

Fair play to Memphis, no thanks to Tony Allen

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Enjoying this series a lot, personally hope the Grizzlies can pull it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

So eh...has there been a single predictable series so far ? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I just cracked up laughing. These OKC plays, man. Deary, deary me.

BmCRfNvCUAAwTs_.jpg:large

Sums up the game. In fairness thats more Westbrook than Brooks. Think a new 6th position needs to be made for him as he sure as fook aint a point guard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Silly play yes but if you paid attention to what Allen gives this team as a whole then isolated plays should not guide your opinion on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Pacers don't deserve to get through this series if last night's game is anything to go by. Hawks were missing shots all over the place and still got the W with 38% shooting??? George and Stephenson again had double-doubles but Hibbert was just poison for the Pacers last night.
    I suppose if OKC do get bounced in the first round, the FO might act and fire that fool, Brooks. Grizzlies up 9 with 5 minutes remaining.

Awwwww, the 1st playoff rant on Brooks:)

Comment on the video - "LeBron asking for the exact opposite" :D

Perkins had 5 fouls
    Randolph had 0 fouls

Didn't see the game but I'm just throwing that out there

Soby wrote: »
    Sums up the game. In fairness thats more Westbrook than Brooks. Think a new 6th position needs to be made for him as he sure as fook aint a point guard

Or it's Brooks job to help in maturing Westbrook's game. A Pop, Thibs, Rivers, etc would have coached a lot of this idiocy out of Westbrook by now if he was fortunate enough to have them as his coach. It was obvious what Russ was going to do numerous times down the stretch. Jack up ridiculously long 2's and 3's, I forget it who it was from the Grizzlies, one of them said pre-game they don't mind if he's (Russ) the one doing jacking up shots, so long as it's not Durant.

Also, no to Westbrook being a 6th man. No way, and he's capable of playing at the point guard. It's when he goes hero ball mode, his judgement is clouded.

Awwwww, the 1st playoff rant on Brooks:)

:D

Imagine how they'd be under a good coach though? :)

If OKC doesn't reach the finals and at worst, lose in a nail biter, he should be fired.

Bad loss for the Warriors last night, like a few ball clubs, a must win Game 4 you feel.

• Advertisement

Comment on the video - "LeBron asking for the exact opposite" :D

Perkins had 5 fouls
    Randolph had 0 fouls

Didn't see the game but I'm just throwing that out there

The refs were okay in that game to be fair to them for the most part.

Highlight from The GOAT last night was him using OKC Killer aka Mike Miller as a chair.

BmB9QMZCAAEAZ3z.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭ChicagoJoe

To be fair, only a fool would write them off. They have players who can hurt any team, and I really like their starting five, well four out of five anyway. My concern for them is like with the Raptors, experience.
    Yep and that's proving to be very much the case. Bulls in real trouble. Apparently only three teams in NBA history have come back to win after losing the first two games at home. In fairness the Wizards just made some great plays but that's playoff style basketball, I guess.

Kobe names him as the toughest defender he has ever faced.

ChicagoJoe wrote: »
    Yep and that's proving to be very much the case. Bulls in real trouble. Apparently only three teams in NBA history have come back to win after losing the first two games at home. In fairness the Wizards just made some great plays but that's playoff style basketball, I guess.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bulls notch a W tonight, tbh. Let down spot for the Wizards, first game back after a road trip and typically more impressive on the road too, chance for the Bulls.

Off topic: Your from my old stomping ground I see ;)

It's do or dire for the Bulls tonight. If they win, the series goes 2 - 1, they're back in the mix. If they lose, the series goes 3 - 0, they're probably facing a 1st round 0 - 4 sweep.

• Advertisement

28b15e5826a6cc2e43b9e54c4f28d9c2.png

He's not wrong on Brooks to be fair.

It's do or dire for the Bulls tonight. If they win, the series goes 2 - 1, they're back in the mix. If they lose, the series goes 3 - 0, they're probably facing a 1st round 0 - 4 sweep.

Type of game this Bulls team live for tonight. Backs against the wall and really needing to pull something out of the bag.

This game will be interesting to see how the Wizards cope. A young side who will have a lot of expectation on their shoulders in front of their home crowd after winning 2 in a row on the road. I'm hoping the pressure will be a little bit too much for them against an experienced Bulls side who are good on the road.

On another note, though Thibs is obviously a brilliant coach, he's not beyond reproach on how this series has gone so far either. Despite the talk of not burning out players, Butler is absolutely shattered and is probably looking at another 48 minute stint tonight, while the 4th quarter line-up has gone for six points in the last six minutes in game 1 and 0 points in eight minutes in game two. Slight adjustments surely need to be made, but he's stubborn too and probably won't. Wittman has made some nice adjustments such as putting Ariza on Augustin when he was getting hot which paid off, the Bulls haven't made any adjustments as of yet. It might prove to be the difference.

Paully D wrote: »
    Kobe names him as the toughest defender he has ever faced.

has always been massively underrated i miss the days of him, nate robinson and big baby coming off the bench for the celtics

has always been massively underrated i miss the days of him, nate robinson and big baby coming off the bench for the celtics

He's done a very good job on KD so far.

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 2h
    Kevin Durant has struggled when guarded by Tony Allen this series. KD shooting 34.4%, including 4-14 from beyond arc when guarded by Allen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭padraig_f

padraig_f wrote: »

That makes the security guard sound bad but at the end of the day if it's time for the Wizards' shoot around then it's time for you to go, instead of being a rude fool.

That makes the security guard sound bad but at the end of the day if it's time for the Wizards' shoot around then it's time for you to go, instead of being a rude fool.

Noah's a cool guy, my guess is the security guard was being a dick for him to react like that.

Will read it later, but good opening paragraph: 33 Burning Questions From Round 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

knew I posted on Westbrook gunning before, didn't think it was as far back as these beauties....the more things change, the more they stay the same:

From May 14th 2011:
    Westbrooks is playing very selfishly at the moment and whilst he may not cost them the series v the Grizzlies, he will against the Mavs if he doesn't share the ball a lot more. He needs to learn his role on the team (esp. as he's the point guard) and that he has a Top 5 player in the league on his team. Seems to me like he has a major inferiority complex re. Durant and that situation is going to explode at some stage. As I posted previously, the sports press in the US have been saying all year he's going to the Lakers when his current contract is up.

It is SO frustrating playing with a point guard who wants to score first, pass second. With the league leading scorer on your team, why not just take the assists off his baskets and lead the league in assists as a PG Russell? He averaged 6.4 assists this year which is very average for a starting PG. He must have a LeBron-like ego.

From June 17th 2012:
    .....and the elephant in the room - Westbrook going back to a shoot first pg in this series, a la what he did in the playoffs last year. Seems to me like he always wants to be the star, but he has to realise that his best chance of winning it all is not him scoring 40; it's Durant scoring 35-ish and him throwing in about 20 and 8 (assists). Magic Johnson said at half-time during game 2 that Westbrook's display was the worst he had ever seen from a starting PG in the Finals. That's pretty strong criticism, especially from Magic, who most of the time talks up everything like he's a Sky Sports soccer pundit

It's fine in high scoring games and your shots are dropping, but in tight games if those shots are not going in, you'll always be in trouble.

From 12th March 2013
    WTF is it with Westbrook? Everytime you give him credit for maturing and becoming more of a team player he has a night like this. He took 27 shots last night. This on a team that has Kevin Durant? Come on.

That security guard has previous.
    In a visit to the nation’s capital back in January, Miles pulled the same thing, yelling to Bulls players to get off “my court.’’

There was no incident back then, but it was not appreciated nor forgotten.

Wizards PR had to settle down their security guy back on that day, and again on Friday, after Bulls assistant general manager Randy Brown and Bulls director of security Erick Buck also tried to calm the situation.

“Guy’s a clown,’’ one member of the Bulls travelling party said.

He also had an argument with Bulls reporter back in January, per ESPN:
    This isn't the first run-in Miles has had with Chicago personnel. He had another verbal altercation with a Chicago-based reporter before the Bulls' shootaround ended on Jan. 17.

• Advertisement
Advertisement