Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Lives: My Transgender Journey

Options
  • 16-04-2014 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭

Irish Lives: My Transgender Journey program interviews 3 trangendered people living here in Ireland. Is anyone else watching it?

It's been really good so far.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Hamhide

It was ok, a little amateur,preschoolish but good for awareness and the trans community.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

It was positive, after the criminally prejudicial 'the centre' it showed how functional and 'every day' trans people are in real life....very well done to all in involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

It was a bit one sided. Like shouldn't the Iona Institute have been given 5 mins to explain the truth to us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I felt it was a bit surface-level but overall a pretty positive message spread out that trans folk are for better or worse people just like everyone else!

Bit ridiculous, that part about Ireland being the last country to recognise gender.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Scary Mary D

I just watched it online.

I was well surprised. It showed us to be ordinary people. I cried when that American girl got recognition over the phone.

Advertisement