Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom wireless access to a limited number of websites

Options
  • 07-04-2014 12:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

Dear all,

I live in a house where eircom wireless internet which I get on my laptop gives me access to a certain amount of websites: facebook, youtube (mostly videos can not be played), google (all services like maps, gmail), boards (luckily me) and some other unknown ones; also I can use skype and 'yum update' in the terminal (this is a command for Fedora linux operating system to make an update of available software on my laptop).

Unfortunately I can not use linkedin or thejournal.ie and many more websites. Is it possible to overturn this problem and what could be a reason? Do you think an admin limited in the wireless settings when he set the connection up?

With love!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Have you tried typing in the address of the site rather than the name. Some sites may be blocked by name.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Has someone else got control of the broadband?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭simoon86

Have you tried typing in the address of the site rather than the name. Some sites may be blocked by name.
    Alright I have tried to ping www.linkedin.com and then got an ip address which I can use and open its home page (without styles) but when I sign in, it redirects by using linkedin.com/... and fails.
    Has someone else got control of the broadband?
    Not sure what you mean, but I guess nobody got control of it because the modem is downstairs and is working fine.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Is anyone else using the bb? If so have they got the same problems?

Advertisement