Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

07 ford transit autolocking

Options
  • 25-01-2014 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭

Hi all is there a way to turn off the auto locking function of my transit? I only have it a few days and its doing my head in having to turn the engine off everytime i need to get into the back. Then when u set off again it locks all the doors. Cheers ste

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭ei9go

Dealer can disable this.

Or, if you don't quite close fully the sliding door it won't lock any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Probably safer as you never know who could be passing and see a chance of taking the van.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Is there not a button in the cabin to lock/unlock the doors?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

came across this while looking for a solution......

Method

1. Turn on the ignition to position II so all the dash lights come on but don't start the engine.

2. Using the button on the door handle, lock and unlock the door 3 times (don't open the door).

3. Turn off the ignition.

4. Turn on the ignition to position I.

5. Using the button on the door handle, lock and unlock the door 3 times (don't open the door).

6. Turn off the ignition.

7. Turn on the ignition to position II but dont start the engine - a beep will sound.

8. Lock and unlock the door once as before - a confirmation beep will sound.

evosteo wrote: »
    came across this while looking for a solution......

Method

1. Turn on the ignition to position II so all the dash lights come on but don't start the engine.

2. Using the button on the door handle, lock and unlock the door 3 times (don't open the door).

3. Turn off the ignition.

4. Turn on the ignition to position I.

5. Using the button on the door handle, lock and unlock the door 3 times (don't open the door).

6. Turn off the ignition.

7. Turn on the ignition to position II but dont start the engine - a beep will sound.

8. Lock and unlock the door once as before - a confirmation beep will sound.

Tried it a few times today and it didnt work unfortunatley 😭

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭ei9go

Is there not a button in the cabin to lock/unlock the doors?

No and even worse you have to stop the engine and press the unlock back and side door button on the key.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ford jedi

this is handy enuf to do , but has to be done on ford computer as the settings in the body control module need to be altered , we charge 50 euro for it .can be done while u wait .if thats any use to you.

cheers jedi, its a fleet van so im gonna see if i can get them to do it for me before i decide to fork out, would you know if dublin tunnel commercials or coolock commercials would have the kit to do it??????? they would be the 2 garages i would use the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ford jedi

if your out around ratcoole call in to blackchurch motors we,l do it while you wait , that outlocking would drive you mad

Advertisement