Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Seriously?

srsly-40515.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Never thought jerseys could be such a touchy subject or that people could be so ignorant over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

You know ****ing well it isn't. I can't believe two posts on this page have been special needs and gay bashing.

People wear what they want. They happen to want to wear something to show their pride in something. There is nothing wrong with that.

A person from Galway wears a piece of nylon made in a sweatshop in Asia to show your pride in a team from Manchester.

Right so.

It's my opinion that wearing kits outside of taking part in a game yourself looks really stupid.

A whole nother level of stupidity are the sad bastards who go the whole hog and kit themselves out in shorts, socks and the name of their "loike totally fave player".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Des wrote: »
    A person from Galway wears a piece of nylon made in a sweatshop in Asia to show your pride in a team from Manchester.

Right so.

It's my opinion that wearing kits outside of taking part in a game yourself looks really stupid.

A whole nother level of stupidity are the sad bastards who go the whole hog and kit themselves out in shorts, socks and the name of their "loike totally fave player".
    Presume you don't attend games for fear of having to put up with a few thousand jersey wearing idiots :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I never ever wear jerseys but I don't have this hatred of seeing people wear them like others do!

Wear my rovers scarf occasionally at the home games I can make but that's about it really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

STOP THE PRESS!!!

Benoit Assou-Ekotto has said he might quit Spurs if they don't get into the Champions League. Supposedly he has a 'gentleman's agreement' with Levy whereby he can leave the club if a bigger club comes looking for him.
    "All players want to play this competition," he said. "A few months ago, I said I never wanted to participate in the Europa League, because this competition is useless.
    "If I have to leave Tottenham, it will be to join a club that makes the Champions League.

Link

He is perfect for us in my opinion. Great defender and has a wicked cross on him. He'd be a step up from Evra at the moment. He's 28 but give him a few years and blood Fabio as his successor and Bob's your uncle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I never ever wear jerseys but I don't have this hatred of seeing people wear them like others do!

Wear my rovers scarf occasionally at the home games I can make but that's about it really.
    Look there is of course there is an exception for match attendance. However I I see an adult going about his business in a soccer jersey, well. I'll avoid the infraction and say no more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Look there is of course there is an exception for match attendance. However I I see an adult going about his business in a soccer jersey, well. I'll avoid the infraction and say no more.

You judge someone on whether they wear a football jersey? And is everyone meant to take off their jersey upon leaving the stadium before hiding it away until the next game?

My days.

Go on, sure might aswell take the highground and just tell us how we're all supposed to be supporting our local team and other such rabble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I'm 35 years old, and I, and a lot of my friends, wear jerseys - some more regularly than others, and for a myriad of different clubs.
    Personally I dont see a thing wrong with someone wanting to show their allegiance to the club they support in this manner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

i called this out a few months back and i got slated for it :o:o i doubt its going to change though anytime soon. i have zero and i mean absolutely no faith in Phelan.

I remember you bringing it first to attention here.

More season has went on the more correct you were.

• Advertisement

alproctor wrote: »
    I'm 35 years old, and I, and a lot of my friends, wear jerseys - some more regularly than others, and for a myriad of different clubs.
    Personally I dont see a thing wrong with someone wanting to show their allegiance to the club they support in this manner.

Dead right.

Who cares if your 5 or 85, be proud to be Red Devil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

the whole issue about wearing jersey's and supporting teams from outside your country. The way i look at it is..id compare it to women watching soap operas..following english footy on this side of the water is our soap opera. I see nothing wrong with it..makes for great entertainment, great talking point amoung our peers and 10 times better than eastenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Des and Orondo are just too cool for school. Wear whatever the fook you like and enjoy yourselves. They just have one less thing than you to enjoy in life.

I don't wear jersey's myself, but I do care what United are kitted out in. When the club bring out a cool jersey then the team looks cool. When they bring out a putrid one like this it means my world is an uglier place for nine months because I end up seeing it every day. That annoys me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

This.

You don't HAVE to buy it, you don't have to wear it, in fact, anyone over about the age of 15 wearing a jersey looks like a special needs person anyway.

Unless they are playing football, obv.

What an absolute arsehole opinion that is. People should be able to wear whatever they want with out people like you looking down their nose at them.

Whats the difference between a nice football shirt and a t-shirt? Marginal.

If you dont want to wear football jerseys because YOU feel like a special needs person when YOU wear them, then dont wear them. But the idea that you are some fashionista that decides who looks stupid in clothes is absolutely hilarious, Beverley Hills 90210, "I am better than you" horse ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

A Galway person wears a piece of nylon made in a sweatshop in Indonesia to show their pride in a team from Galway too. Doesn't matter where the feck it's made.

I like a football club. I want people to know I like that football club so I wear the jersey. This years jersey is crap and I want to complain and so I will.

Anyway, it was the whole "oh only a person with special needs doesn't know how retarded it looks in a jersey so if you wear one, you have special needs" comparison I really take issue with. Horrible way to put it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Look at this i am actually Scarleh for Des going out at night with his football shirt on .

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77402452&postcount=28

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Look at this i am actually Scarleh for Des going out at night with his football shirt on .

Brave man wearing a "soccer" jersey in the home of the GAA.

The 06/07 jersey was the last decent United home jersey. The 07/08 one was not bad either tbf, but the last few have been poor as have the few from 2003 etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I like it.

In fairness lads that looks to be more of a Shels jumper, it also has his initials on it so I'm guessing he went to coppers after being involved in a match. I don't agree with bashing a picture of himself he put on the internet.

What he posted was absolutely pig ignorant in my opinion, but I don't think he should be jeered over a photo of him.

• Advertisement

Will there be away and 3rd strip coming out too does anybody know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

If there's something worse than the argument going on then it's the use of the word "scarleh".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Might get Des printed on the back of my next jersey because he's so special.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    In fairness lads that looks to be more of a Shels jumper, it also has his initials on it so I'm guessing he went to coppers after being involved in a match. I don't agree with bashing a picture of himself he put on the internet.

What he posted was absolutely pig ignorant in my opinion, but I don't think he should be jeered over a photo of him.

So it's okay for him to jeer people with 'special needs' then? He was trying to be funny but ended up looking like a right tit. He should be able to handle it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The blue will probably be the third and maybe a new white away?

That seems to be the pattern anyway.

The blue will probably be the third and maybe a new white away?

That seems to be the pattern anyway.

Hope we get rid of white one we have anyway.. Too much painful memories of CL final last year.

So it's okay for him to jeer people with 'special needs' then? He was trying to be funny but ended up looking like a right tit. He should be able to handle it.

I think it's different when you go from having a back and forth with only a username as an identity, I wouldnt be happy if someone posted a picture of me who was hiding behind online anonymity and gave me stick for it. Maybe I'm wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Dunno if this has been confirmed as genuine yet, but i seen it recently on the same facebook page as the home one that was confirmed earlier today.

Newest-Arrivals-2012-2013-Men-s-Soccer-Jerseys-Manchester-United-Sets-Soccer-Uniforms-Shorts-and-Tshirts.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

I think it's different when you go from having a back and forth with only a username as an identity, I wouldnt be happy if someone posted a picture of me who was hiding behind online anonymity and gave me stick for it. Maybe I'm wrong.

I didn't post any picture i linked to where Des posted it himself .

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

He's only himself to blame tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement