Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupidest offer you got on adverts

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

Seen a guy offering a crack for a piece of software....

The ad was for a must have at the time computer hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Rothmans wrote: »
    Ah Christ, I've been lied to all throughout primary school.

I claim to be from Kildare. But technically, I live just inside the Laoise border :(

laois ..kildare...is there a difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

And some people actually think Waterford isn't a kip;)

Been a while since you crossed the bridge id say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

LOL - I just looked at teh topic title again and it's about stupid offers on Adverts.ie - WTF? The last 2 pages have been about counties that do or don't border the sea!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

mattjack wrote: »
    laois ..kildare...is there a difference

One is East, one is Midlands.

• Advertisement

One is East, one is Midlands.

I cant believe you answered me....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I can't stand those desperate people on adverts that are selling the most utterly useless things, and constantly offer them to offers as swaps even though it's inevitably going to be declined. I don't understand the desperation. Like, there'll be a guy selling an iPad for example, and some pathetic individual will ask...swap for anything on my ads? Subsequent viewing of ads includes 10 old dvds, maybe a battered Nintendo DS (right speaker not working), an ancient mobile phone, a solitary xbox controller, and so on...

mattjack wrote: »
    I cant believe you answered me....

Well, you did ask a question, it would be rude not answer.

Well, you did ask a question, it would be rude not answer.

fair enough

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Been a while since you crossed the bridge id say :)
    nah waterford is a kip,kilkenny is a field you both lose.

• Advertisement

pmcmahon wrote: »
    nah waterford is a kip,kilkenny is a field you both lose.

They're both lovely cites.
    Or one of them is a lovely city, and one is a lovely town :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

Ford ka for a table saw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,490 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Ford ka for a table saw :)

That's a bloody fair swap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

Half a buck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

For Sale: One can of 7up Free, in it's orginal packaging,kept in a cold area, for optimal temperature, is brand new, willing to accept offers

Alternatively willing to swap for one packet of Haribo ( not the small ones for you chancers out there), orginals, which must have loads of rings and cola bottles, not loads of those ****ty eggs.

( I would of taken a picture, but I reckon for the calories involved, it's just not worth it, am legit)

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

For Sale: One can of 7up Free, in it's orginal packaging,kept in a cold area, for optimal temperature, is brand new, willing to accept offers

Alternatively willing to swap for one packet of Haribo ( not the small ones for you chancers out there), orginals, which must have loads of rings and cola bottles, not loads of those ****ty eggs.

( I would of taken a picture, but I reckon for the calories involved, it's just not worth it, am legit)

The funniest thing I have seen on a website was someone offering Kerry water for free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

That's a bloody fair swap.
    The table saw was worth nearly €1500 and the Ford Ka €400 at most :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

I've genuine BMW alloys with new tyres (cost €120 a corner) and the whole lot cost well over €1k and I'd them up €800 or so and some fella offered €100!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Kilkenny doesn't touch the sea!

I was made an offer for an amp, accepted and then got no further contact from this individual. Amp is up on done deal now instead, adverts was a pain in the arse nearly everyone wanted to swap for stuff and offered low money when they did. Done deal has worked better for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Some guy offered me weed for iPod nano. Others offered a €100 more than once after saying I wouldn't accept that offer from two other people

• Advertisement
Advertisement