Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

02 Toledo problem oil problem?

• 27-05-2011 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Just recently bought a 02 Seat Toledo 1.6 16 valve, it has around 130,000 miles on the clock, the minute i bought i got it serviced which cost me the guts of 700€ due to the timing belt needing to be changed, now a month later the oil has needed to be filled again, just wondering does anyone know if this type of engine is known for being heavy on the oil, or do i have a major problem?, guess it would be the same engine that would be a leon, golf, bora and probably an octavia, any help would be much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Hey,
    Was your oil light on or did you just check it?
    How much oil was put in again?

I not sure if they have an alloy sump as the tdi's do but check it.
    Very easy wring the sump plug or do it in off a ramp!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cdsb46

YbFocus wrote: »
    Hey,
    Was your oil light on or did you just check it?
    How much oil was put in again?

I not sure if they have an alloy sump as the tdi's do but check it.
    Very easy wring the sump plug or do it in off a ramp!

The light came on when i came off a roundabout but it just flashed and then went off, but then the next morning i checked it and there was barely any, ok will try the alloy sump, once i figure out what that is lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭couldntthink

Welcome to the world of VAG petrol engines. If it was leaking that much you'd notice on the driveway. It's burning oil just like every other petrol VW of that age group/family of engines.

Welcome to the world of VAG petrol engines. If it was leaking that much you'd notice on the driveway. It's burning oil just like every other petrol VW of that age group/family of engines.

Defo not leaking, well as long as i know that its common with those types of cars i can live with that... Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

The majority of vag 1.4/1.6 16v petrol engines with over 100k on them are living on borrowed time!

Research is always a good plan before you hand over your hard earned €€€

• Advertisement

The majority of vag 1.4/1.6 16v petrol engines with over 100k on them are living on borrowed time!

Research is always a good plan before you hand over your hard earned €€€

i did research and most of the talk said the were good cars and good reliabilty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

cdsb46 wrote: »
    i did research and most of the talk said the were good cars and good reliabilty

The 1.6 8v engine is very reliable.

Do a search here, I don't think you'll find much saying the 16v(1.4 16v is much more common but identical to the 1.6 16v) engines are reliable. They are notoriously bad. There are cases of valve issues as low as 50k:eek:

Advertisement