Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Education Allowance/€500 grant

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭DConway

Got it today!
    Really needed it- under pressure to pay materials nearly a month and a half now

Delighted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

DConway wrote: »
    Got it today!
    Really needed it- under pressure to pay materials nearly a month and a half now

Delighted

Ugh! :mad:

I am happy for yo but I check 365 there and no still nothing, I have been on this since the start of my course, what is taking so long? Can I ask you where are you from? I am from Limerick and still nothing. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18 MarcHilton

I got mine 2 weeks ago, my girlfriend, who's in the EXACT same SWO, is STILL waiting on hers. Nothing tonight either. Stunningly ridiculous.. she is struggling unbelievably with art supplies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Well for anyone in Limerick still waiting for this, I may have a ray of hope! My friend who has still not sent in his letter got a call today from the office saying if he wants it he has to get it in this week because they are processing. Hopefully mine will come through as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭kukazhina

LIMERICK SOCIAL SERVICE
    THEY TOLD ME TODAY THEY ONLY NOW PROCESSING SO CUD BE AROUND 2-3WEEKS BEFORE CHRISTMAS !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭shoppergal

My husband is Limerick and also still waiting. Was told a few weeks ago that "hopefully" it would be paid before Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

i just got mine from limerick city vec on friday. thank god. it says on the website it is usually paid the first week of college:rolleyes:

does anyone know if the budget will affect anyone already on BTEA??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Icky Thump wrote: »
    i just got mine from limerick city vec on friday. thank god. it says on the website it is usually paid the first week of college:rolleyes:

does anyone know if the budget will affect anyone already on BTEA??

A reduction of €8 per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Nicola123

I've been receiving my BTEA since October but still no sign of the €500 grant. Anyone heard anything about it in Limerick, most of the people on my course have gotten theirs already..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Nicola123 wrote: »
    I've been receiving my BTEA since October but still no sign of the €500 grant. Anyone heard anything about it in Limerick, most of the people on my course have gotten theirs already..

Wow the fact they your still waiting and its now 2011 is a disgrace. If I was you i'd pay your office a visit first thing tomorrow as everything should be reopened by then. And give them hell. By right it should of been paid as soon as they got all the documentation from you. No way it takes 2-3 months to process.

• Advertisement

I know it's a disgrace, i'm broke as a joke over it. But the welfare office in Limerick tends to still be using the Dell closure as a reason for them being backlogged with everything. I'll give it another whack tomorrow and see if they can give me some answers although I'm usually told they only take queries on a Thursday!?! even when there's no queue at the hatch. Grr..
    Thanks anyway!

I know it's a disgrace, i'm broke as a joke over it. But the welfare office in Limerick tends to still be using the Dell closure as a reason for them being backlogged with everything. I'll give it another whack tomorrow and see if they can give me some answers although I'm usually told they only take queries on a Thursday!?! even when there's no queue at the hatch. Grr..
    Thanks anyway!

Behind every social welfare staff member theres always an excuse. I'd think up a good sob story it might help your chances. Bunch of cowboys working in there id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,880 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Quick Question

Got granted the Back to Education Allownace in december 2010 and it siad on the conformation letter that i would be payed from 14 sep 2010 (back pay) and i will be issued a cheque but i have received no cheque yet. I made my first collection last week and got my normal rate and E500 with that

Is the E500 all my back pay or is it just some money off it and i will be issued a cheque with the rest of the back pay ??

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Quick Question

Got granted the Back to Education Allownace in december 2010 and it siad on the conformation letter that i would be payed from 14 sep 2010 (back pay) and i will be issued a cheque but i have received no cheque yet. I made my first collection last week and got my normal rate and E500 with that

Is the E500 all my back pay or is it just some money off it and i will be issued a cheque with the rest of the back pay ??

Think whoever told you that mis-informed you. As far as I know, and i'm not 100%, BTEA isn't backdate the same way Social Welfare is. They usually just start paying you from whatever date your they finish processing your payment. So you got your first week and your BTEA Allowance of €500. But from now on you should just get your weekly amount. I wasn't backdated anyways and it took them a few weeks to sort out my application.
    Also the fact that you signed up in December and they told you they would back date you to before you even applied seems completely farfetched. If you did get anything like that it would be from the time you actually applied.
    Hopefully this helps but I wouldnt get my hopes up for any cheque from them.

I started getting my weekly payment at the end of October and I was backpayed from the 1st week of October when I applied and this was paid into my bank account along with my weekly amount the first week I got anything from them but I didn't get my €500, it seems that different rules apply all over the country as to what way your payment comes through.

I started getting my weekly payment at the end of October and I was backpayed from the 1st week of October when I applied and this was paid into my bank account along with my weekly amount the first week I got anything from them but I didn't get my €500, it seems that different rules apply all over the country as to what way your payment comes through.

Maybe because I applied before college started and I was still receiving my JSA while my application was being processed thats why I received no backdated pay. So maybe I am wrong but they wouldn't back date you to a date before you applied that's for sure.

Advertisement