Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a printer to work on a new laptop

Options
  • 07-09-2008 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hi all,
    My neighbour is in the house with us here now and has informed me that she booked a holiday online today but when she went to print out the documents for the holiday the printer wouldn't work.All leads wre attached properly and it's a brand new TOSHIBA laptop.Also the printer is a Lexmark.I have no other specs for it sorry.Would a setting need to be changed in the laptop to allow it to communicate with the printer? Any help would be greatly appreciated...:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

You need to install the printer driver/software first into the new laptop

If you don't have the CD for the printer, go to Contol Panel> Printers> Add a printer and work from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Pinarello

jimbo78 wrote: »
    You need to install the printer driver/software first into the new laptop

If you don't have the CD for the printer, go to Contol Panel> Printers> Add a printer and work from there.

I meant to say that also, my neighbour told me that she installed the software.I'm scratching my head here as to what could be wrong...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Pinarello wrote: »
    I meant to say that also, my neighbour told me that she installed the software.I'm scratching my head here as to what could be wrong...

Maybe its trying to print on the wrong printer if there is more than one installed.
    When going to print, see if there is an option of which one to use. If not, then right click on the lexmark printer icon and set as default printer.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,864 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I plugged a 4 year old lexmark scanner/copier into the USB without any drivers, and it was installed automagically, software and all.

Advertisement