Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the meaning of this...

Options
  • 03-12-2007 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Ok was in Galway recently and met a guy I really liked. One of his friends (not sure how well they know each other) said that he was 'game' and I should dismiss him as potential anything. What does game mean in this context??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Is his friend a girl???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

If someone told me that ''she's game'' i would assume that meant ''up for it''. I guess if he says to rule him out as a potential 'anything', means he's only ''up for his hole'', and not much else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

He's up for the ride..he's not boyfriend material

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭k-a-t-e

No his friend was male.

So this guy I like is only interested in sex and not a relationship???

(Cant say much as he is a member of boards and that's how I met him)

k-a-t-e wrote: »
    No his friend was male.

Pretty much. Note to self, ignore pm's from random men on boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

So, two guys are out hunting in the the woods. At a small clearing they come across a naked young woman, who makes a beckoning motion towards them. The two lads wander over and she said "Hello boys" as she lifted her ample breasts towards them.

John, the younger and less bright of the two asks "Are you game?" to which she says "Yes".

So he shot her.

The above contains the usual meaning of game - to be interested in something and willing to partake.

Now are you sure she didn't call him a "player" or "gay"?

:-(

He is a really nice person, we met up with his friends and then went running and it was all going swimmingly.

Where are all the nice men in Galway then??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Well just because his friend thinks that of him it may not be true. Can't go on just what he says.

And anyway what kind of a friend does that anyway? ''oh no, don't go near my friend, he only wants his hole'' I would have thought that men were all for each other pulling birds and would help each other do so?!
    Maybe the friend is jealous or likes you himself!!

Thanks fuzzy, I really needed to hear something like that:o I REALLY like this guy. Yeah the friend was pissed that night as were we all and he also thought I liked someone else....so maybe not the best person to take notice of.

The fella in question is on holiday at the moment so will contact him when he gets back and go from there. No point in messing about the sooner I know the better for all concerned.

Thanks for all the posts - at least I know what it means now!!

Well, just because he's only up for sex, doesn't mean you have to give it to him. You could always hold out for a couple of months. If he's interested, he'll stick around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

It probably means stay away unless you want to get your heartbroken. Maybe his friend thinks you are a nice girl and because he has seen his friend treat girls badly over the years he is warning you.

Proceed with care... Remember even Freddie West got someone to fall in love with him...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

No his friend was male.

but hes not going to know you're you if he reads this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Maybe the friend is jealous or likes you himself!!

very possible

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

The "friend" was obviously jealous/wanted to get a bit of you himself or just didn't want to be left alone if his mate copped off with a bird - but that's so blatently obvious I don't understand how you couldn't pick that up yourself. I had a friend do something similar to me in the past - it's nasty, but it happens, especially when drink is involved!

But why are you posting this on here? Obviously the guy is going to read it, or is that your whole point?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Where are all the nice men in Galway then??

Right here!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

also here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

l3LoWnA wrote: »
    The "friend" was obviously jealous/wanted to get a bit of you himself or just didn't want to be left alone if his mate copped off with a bird - but that's so blatently obvious I don't understand how you couldn't pick that up yourself. I had a friend do something similar to me in the past - it's nasty, but it happens, especially when drink is involved!

But why are you posting this on here? Obviously the guy is going to read it, or is that your whole point?

I was thinking the exactly same thing myself , you know the guys is on boards its how you met him as you have stated , Is this just another way to get his attention ? Oh by the way I'm not having a go , I just don't see how this is a personal issue.

Also everyone should know what "he's game" means ! Its not rocket science material.

I dont think he would read stuff on the PI thread anyway to be honest.

No its not a way to get his attention - I was having a really **** day yesterday and the whole situation was going round and round and round in my head and I needed some input from people who have no interest in the situation and who knew what the word meant.

Thanks for the advice, sure it'll get sorted soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Sarge wrote: »
    Also everyone should know what "he's game" means ! Its not rocket science material.

well seen as how the guy who said it to the op seems to think it means something compeltely different to what it does its understandable for someone to get confused no?

i reckon his friend was probably jealous too tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,155 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I'm guessing his friend was referencing this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Game:_Penetrating_the_Secret_Society_of_Pickup_Artists

Not a good sign tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

if it's his friend told you i wouldn't pay much attention, your own friend would be different story.

friend could be jealous, fancy u himself, trying to get back at him for something etc. Try suss out from someone else what this guy is like maybe? either way, play it cool and see how things go before diving in! good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

i forgot about that book actually that could be it. its unlikely i think tho

Advertisement