Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rte 2 last nite..

Options
  • 13-11-2004 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

well i flicked on the box at bout 12.30 last nite and 1st thing that i stopped on was a shower of frogs.

i was glued to the whole 10 minutes of it.

amazin stuff....i mean did they just make 95,000 moulds of frogs and drop em from a crane or what?!

anyway, after i rummaged out the tv guide (which was already in the bin 4 sum reason) i found out the movie in question was "magnolia".

so is it worth me renting it out?

it seemed like the cast were strong...william h macy, tom cruise, that guy who never shaves..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Phil_321

Yeah, Magnolia is worth renting out alright. It's from the same guy who directed Boogie Nights, Paul Anderson. Great performances all round, especially from Cruise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Nope (from what I can remember?) the frogs were done digitally. In shots where 'impact' was required (eg that shot where they fall into the swimming pool & thru the umbrellas weights were used and then 'drawn over' - or whatever the tecnical term for that is).

Yes the film is worth renting btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Loretta. wrote:
    so is it worth me renting it out?

Oh sweet jesus yes. Always jealous of people when I know they're loosing the "magnolia" or "citizen kane" virginity or any other film I love, but have seen a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Magnolia would be a 'perfect' movie were it not for that stupid bit in the middle where they all start lip-syncing to that song.

Arrrghhh, totally ruins it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Magnolia is a career defining movie for Cruise, changed him from a movie stat to an actor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

but what IS the whole frog thing about?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Rains of frogs and fish are very rare in nature but have happened due to tornadoes and storms picking up local faunae and depositing it 100's of miles away.

Personally, I think it is meant to symbolise both a) the absurdity of life and b) and fragility of existance.

Or c) I could be talking out of my arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Loretta. wrote:
    well i flicked on the box at bout 12.30 last nite and 1st thing that i stopped on was a shower of frogs.
    I changed chanel at the same time. Frogs falling from no where :eek: Forgot Magnolia was on. Never saw it before but have heard its one to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Phil_321

Personally, I think it is meant to symbolise both a) the absurdity of life and b) and fragility of existance.

Or c) I could be talking out of my arse.

LOL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Cork_girl wrote:
    but what IS the whole frog thing about?

The opening sequance of the film is representative of urban legends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

"Respect the cock! Tame the..."
    Damn, I always forget how that line finishes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

lafortezza wrote:

'Shrew'. I think it's an old farmyard saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Rent it out, watch it once, cause its so long you may not ever watch it again, like me !!!!! Good flick though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

lafortezza wrote:

c unt

Advertisement