Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elf

Options
  • 09-11-2004 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭

Saw Elf last night ... what a totally great film!

"SANTA!!!"

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Yeah, I saw it last year, and thought it was a nice christmas film. Nothing amazing, but Will Ferrel was great in it... one of the few "fun for all the family" kinda films I've really enjoyed recently...

flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Funny for the first 70 minutes, then the last 20 minutes was a pure fest of cheesiness!...

But it can be forgiven for that - it's a Christmas film!

Also, i've seen Peter Dinklage (who played the elf-sized author Miles Finch) in 2 films in the last fortnight - 'Elf' and 'The Station Agent' - and i gotta say, i was thoroughly impressed with his performance in both!

By the way, if you haven't seen 'The Station Agent', go rent it out! I thought it was great!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Seen this last year in the cinema too, very funny film, will have to rent it coming up to xmas =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭weerez

Saw it last night. Thought it was brilliant. Best of Ferrell's films so far (although I havent deen anchorman). Last 10 mins. are a bit cheesy but the rest of the film makes up for it.

"Hello Buddy The Elf, what's your favourite colour?"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yeah it's alright, but pure cheese near the end.

Can't possibly be Ferrell's best, Old School rules all. Plus Anchorman (despite not being that great) is still better than Elf (which was a bit too nicey nicey for my liking).

• Advertisement

koneko wrote:
    Yeah it's alright, but pure cheese near the end.

Can't possibly be Ferrell's best, Old School rules all. Plus Anchorman (despite not being that great) is still better than Elf (which was a bit too nicey nicey for my liking).

I didnt think much of Old School myself, bit too predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

loved it ;)

went to see it last year with a college buddy,

funniest part
    when he was hit by the car and then later "watch out for those yellow things...
    lol..

care to spoiler the cheesy ending, cant remember it. however would love to rent it again at christmas, god i love christmas films..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Took a peculiarly long time to come out on DVD if memory serves...

Anyway, yep, more people should see this - due to a scheduling mishap a group of friends and I ended up seeing it one Friday night. I was pleasantly surprised - not as much...schmaltz as one would expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 YellowEllo

One of the greatest christmas films ever.After seeing the movie, I am a believer, in both sir Santa of Nicholas and his Elves. The film doesnt lie, so start believing now before Santa's slay crashes!

Went to see Bad Santa last night - great film - rented Elf (again) after it - great film too!

• Advertisement
Advertisement