Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiz Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

How did ye get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Badly, but Wit Tank got 75 out of 80 so even your music knowledge wouldn't have saved us :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

It was an odd night all round, the team of rowdy bellends in the corner were annoying enough that I think Gareth secretly gave everyone else extra points to make sure they came last. I really hope they arent back next week :|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

And the team name?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Reekwind wrote: »
    And the team name?

We opted to use "We demand liquid nitrogen in our free drinks!" (see here for context) as the original suggestion's no fun in the absence of the person concerned...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Yeah, but next week that will be old news :pac:

Who's coming to the quiz tonight? After my disgraceful no-show last week, I'll be back to redeem myself :)

I'll be there. Working on a Felix Baumgartner-James Bond team name tie-in.

Who's coming to the quiz tonight? After my disgraceful no-show last week, I'll be back to redeem myself :)

Myself and Jack B. Badd should be along.

Team name alternatives, just in case we decide that the barter-related team name isn't current enough? I'm trying and failing to come up with one related to Felix Baumgartner...

We've set a new record for narrow-margin victories - we won by a quarter of a point yesterday :D We'll have to talk Gareth into giving 1/8 points to top that, I think...

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

A quarter of a point? That's impressive!

Sorry I wasn't there, I'm in Canada this week. Next week for sure!

Scarinae wrote: »
    A quarter of a point? That's impressive!

Sorry I wasn't there, I'm in Canada this week. Next week for sure!

Canada eh? Well, as reasons for not attending go "I was kidnapped by a rogue Mountie" is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Who's in tonight?

serrity wrote: »
    Who's in tonight?

Myself and JBB are maybes - would be good to get along but I suspect we're both coming down with colds at the minute (runny noses and repeated sneezing are the order of the day :(...)

I'll be there :)

Me too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

I'm out. I'm currently in the death-warmed-up category :(

I'm out too, had to take OH to the hospital as she has a viral infection. See you next week / Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

I'm out too, had to take OH to the hospital as she has a viral infection. See you next week / Saturday.

Hope she's feeling better soon.

She's fine, just a bit uneasy on her feet as it's affecting her inner ear. How did last night go?

• Advertisement

She's fine, just a bit uneasy on her feet as it's affecting her inner ear. How did last night go?

We came second with a team of two. Unfortunately the winners were also a duo, so it didn't look as impressive!

I have a potential team name for next Monday (already) so will ye remind me about it. It relates to the news story about the young lady in Brazil selling something very sacred...

I have a potential team name for next Monday (already) so will ye remind me about it. It relates to the news story about the young lady in Brazil selling something very sacred...

Was it Jesus? It was Jesus, wasn't it?

Who's in for tonight? Myself and JBB will be along.

As I mentioned to a couple of people on Saturday, my suggestion for a team name is "It starts with swapping your knickers for a drink and the next thing you know you're selling your virginity on the internet" ;)

tard-Cat.jpg

tard-Cat.jpg

Think long and hard about what you just posted up in response to a comment about swapping undergarments for beverages *snigger* :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Unfortunately I'll not be there tonight. I've been kidnapped by an evil organisation which has chained myself, plus a number of fellow slaves, to desks and forced us to do meaningless tasks in Powerpoint. I suspect that they may be trying to break my spirit

On the plus side, I'm getting paid for it

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Fysh wrote: »
    Think long and hard about what you just posted up in response to a comment about swapping undergarments for beverages *snigger* :P

Heh...

Going to be working late but should still make it.

• Advertisement

Tonight?

Advertisement