Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Megane Wont start.

Options
  • 21-07-2014 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭

Hi all:

Renault Megane wont start, but battery trying to get the engine turning but not firing. Its been going that way for a couple of weeks now.

Any common reason that I can fix myself? Clean spark plugs? etc...

Thaanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Its just started again...any ideas whats causing it to have difficulty starting?

thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

I believe that's a crankshaft position sensor that stops the engine starting. Could be that - I believe it's a simple fix but I've not tried it myself. Have a look at renaultforums.co.uk - there's plenty of info on it there and you can see if it matches your symptoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Pick up a cheep fault code reader and plug it in. This might narrow down the search for your problem.

Advertisement