Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Almera n16 nct fail emissions

• 03-07-2014 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I have a Nissan Almera which recently failed the NCT on emissions.

Low idle 2.44 above 0.3 is fail

High idle 2.65 above 0.2 is a fail.

Lambda is 0.92 which should be between 0.97 and 1.03

Timing chain was done at 50k miles (€800 from nissan 😭)and both lambda sensors were done around the 45k miles mark.

The car is a 03 with 75k miles. Ive also found the lambda sensors that were put it weren't genuine despite paying €450.

I put in smoke eliminator which brought low idle emissions down to 0.33.

Car was recently services(albeit by myself). So it had a oil change, oil filter change, air filter change, pollen filter and new spark plugs.

Money is tight being a student so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 IronicNic

Hi ..did you get it through? What did you do .
    I have Primeria 2003.
    I have failed emissions twice..First time the mechanic just washed excess oil from the engine.
    Would that stuff put into petrol and a good 20KM run before the restest sort it based on these results.

low idle - Engine\Oil temp 101C - Above----Results
    863 rpm - CO 0.48 VOL% - 0.30% --FAIL/REFUSAL
    HC 100 PPM - 0 ppm ---- N/A

high idle - lambda 0.99 - not between 0.97 and 1.03 --PASS
    2,938 rpm - C0 0.89 VOL% - above 0.20%
    Fail
    HC 195PPM - above 200ppm
    Pass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Am i reading this right?

high idle - lambda 0.99 - not between 0.97 and 1.03

Should it be between 0.97 and 1.03 for pass, should 0.99 be a pass?

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Am i reading this right?

high idle - lambda 0.99 - not between 0.97 and 1.03

Should it be between 0.97 and 1.03 for pass, should 0.99 be a pass?

Thanks ..I could have saved some typing by posting the fails ;)..I have edited the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lawlor59

IronicNic wrote: »
    I have Primeria 2003.
    I have failed emissions twice..First time the mechanic just washed excess oil from the engine.
    Would that stuff put into petrol and a good 20KM run before the restest sort it based on these results.

Fail
    HC 195PPM - above 200ppm
    Pass

I put in emissions eliminator. Gave it a good drive the night before and then before the test I made sure the engine was as hot as it could be. Seems to have done the trick. My emissions seem to go up slows as the engine cools. Oh ye and try not to have too much oil as this can cause higher emissions supposedly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭cletus

IronicNic wrote: »
    I have Primeria 2003.

Fail
    HC 195PPM - above 200ppm
    Pass

when you say the mechanic washed excess oil from the engine, do you mean he drained oil out of the engine itself? If so is your car burning a lot of oil, and are you having to top it up regularly

• Advertisement

cletus wrote: »
    when you say the mechanic washed excess oil from the engine, do you mean he drained oil out of the engine itself? If so is your car burning a lot of oil, and are you having to top it up regularly

No I thought he was referring to spillage.. one time I forgot to replace the cap and went on a long drive ..it spewed the oil everywhere all over the engine ..I would top occasionally but nothing out of the ordinary..he filled it with oil on the last service and its still full so I doubt its burning alot of oil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭cletus

Sorry, from your post I thought you meant that you passed the emissions test because mechanic cleaned oil from the enhine

Ok well booked in for retest ..will get diatame altough alot of people reckon its a waste of time..the Italian tune-up before hand and see how she blows.

Advertisement