Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bring Back Bosco TV3 tonight (kids telly in Ireland)

• 09-05-2011 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Bring Back Bosco
    Season 1 Episode 1 of 3
    The Story of Kids' TV New series. A nostalgic look at the history of Irish children's TV programmes, featuring archive clips and experiments in which youngsters are shown episodes of old programmes to see if there would be a modern audience for the likes of Bosco
    Category General Arts/Culture
    TV3 9:00pm-10:00pm (1 hour ) Mon 9 May

Should be perfectly awful.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

As Bosco himself would say: F**king uafásach.

It would have been bearable if they just showed the old clips, rather than the usual 'celebrity' non-entities making banal comments about programmes that they probably don't even remember. I mean, Jedward reminiscing about Wanderly Wagon; a show which was from before my time, and I'm nearly ten years older than them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭Sam Tyler

I thought it was going to be along the style of those Justin Lee Collins shows over in the Uk such as "Bring back Dallas" etc etc! woud have been quiet interesting to see what happened to some of the former presenters and show staff.
    Instead we got z listers once again. Good concept poorly put together.
    Does anyone in Tv3 actully watch these shows before there put out for the rest of us to watch?!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,339 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Jesus you'd forget how bloody loud and hyper mary kingston was.

Haha the ****ing cut of D'arcy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

See a young DLB reviewing SHOCK:eek: books on scratch Saturday.Looked like a geek then too.Even then he was a well, a little tedious to put it mildely:p.Laughed at Dustin when he said the reason he does not have a licence is cause of the said DLB :D

P.S Is that our Darragh?

• Advertisement

In fairness the Den did get away with a lot that nowadays wouldn't have a hope of being allowed.

I've never seen that view of the den. It was bloody tiny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

good enough show this in my opinion. Only flaw being the usual rent a mouths all stacked up to get their face on telly for about 20 seconds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

RayM wrote: »
    As Bosco himself would say: F**king uafásach.

It would have been bearable if they just showed the old clips, rather than the usual 'celebrity' non-entities making banal comments about programmes that they probably don't even remember. I mean, Jedward reminiscing about Wanderly Wagon; a show which was from before my time, and I'm nearly ten years older than them.

My Sister bought me a Zig and Zag DVD a few Christmas' ago, and you have described it perfectly. Instead of 90 mins of funny stuff from way back when it was actually the likes of Louis Walsh and Twink, passing commentary on Zig and Zag. Having Twink on saying "Zig was always the more introverted of the two" and stuff. Utter waste of time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    In fairness the Den did get away with a lot that nowadays wouldn't have a hope of being allowed.

Some of the stuff Dustin came out with was shockin'! :eek: - like very adult, insider jokes, swipes at celebs and staffers/RTE etc.
    I'd watch it sometimes just for Dustin and be shocked at the carryon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

ill always remember the skit he did on garda patroll with some staffer standing in for the usual host (twas a fat red head guy).

both of em next to each other dressed in casual gardai uniforms (the jumper one)

dustin :" gardai in the sallynoggin area are looking for help from the public in locating a stolen black mariah (or however the hell ya spell that). its not so much the van itself but the six gardai that were in it at the time"

cue staffer stand in falling apart laughing trying to give his line.

made me wonder just how much of the den was made up on the spot.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Fast forward to 3.02. I nearly wet myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

ill always remember the skit he did on garda patroll with some staffer standing in for the usual host (twas a fat red head guy).

both of em next to each other dressed in casual gardai uniforms (the jumper one)

dustin :" gardai in the sallynoggin area are looking for help from the public in locating a stolen black mariah (or however the hell ya spell that). its not so much the van itself but the six gardai that were in it at the time"

cue staffer stand in falling apart laughing trying to give his line.

made me wonder just how much of the den was made up on the spot.

:)

That would have been Simon Young who did the music spot each week! ISTR they did a different RTE show each day over the course of a week - one of them was a brilliant spoof of Glenroe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I was looking forward to this show but it's turned out to be a real dog's dinner of a mess. Anything Goes was a seminal RTE Saturday morning show but there's only fleeting clips of it. Instead we get that awful Mary Kingston rabbiting on as usual with her loud banalities. I have to turn down the volume every time that eejit comes on.

Advertisement