Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Repeat/carrying a subject

Options
  • 18-08-2015 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Does anyone know how to carry a subject to second year if you don't sit the repeat in August?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭kingsofoffaly

You need to ring te college to talk to them about. you will have to attend extra classes with the first years for it. Give your college a call tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Does anyone know how to carry a subject to second year if you don't sit the repeat in August?

You just carry it . When i attended WIT you can carry 2 max and repeat when you want. You don't need to ring the college. Ive heard they have a new scam charging students 200 per module to repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

You need to ring te college to talk to them about. you will have to attend extra classes with the first years for it. Give your college a call tomorrow

No you don't. You will however (or technically should) register for the module come September. You more than likely will be fine not registering for the module unless the lecturer for it is tight, and as MusicMan said, it is now €200 per repeat module.

When you're back in September just talk to the lecturer/course leader about it and they'll advise you.

It's up to you (like every module) whether you attend the classes for it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

callaway92 wrote: »
    No you don't. You will however (or technically should) register for the module come September. You more than likely will be fine not registering for the module unless the lecturer for it is tight, and as MusicMan said, it is now €200 per repeat module.

When you're back in September just talk to the lecturer/course leader about it and they'll advise you.

It's up to you (like every module) whether you attend the classes for it or not.

The lecturer will more than likely have no issue with you sitting in the class but you won't get your exam result next year unless you register at some point.

You can sit the paper without registering but they withhold the result until you pay.

Benimar wrote: »
    You can sit the paper without registering but they withhold the result until you pay.

Ya that's right. Might save the op a bit of cash in the worst case scenario.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭droptheworld

Thanks for all of your replies! :) Could ye tell me too how many subjects you can carry to second year, is it just two?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 smncnnr

As far as I know, it's usually 2 per semester.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭droptheworld

smncnnr wrote: »
    As far as I know, it's usually 2 per semester.

Oh really? I though you could only carry in two for the whole year like. Hopefully it is 2 per semester!

Oh really? I though you could only carry in two for the whole year like. Hopefully it is 2 per semester!

It's two for the whole year. I know people who had to repeat a year because they failed more than two.

It's two for the whole year. I know people who had to repeat a year because they failed more than two.

This is correct

Yeh, good luck carrying 4 extra modules into 2nd year.

Not to be too blunt, but if you're failing many modules in 1st Year then the further years will be a serious struggle.

• Advertisement
Advertisement