Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing Jackets

Options
  • 30-06-2007 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Ok I dunno whether I am in the right place to post this.

Anywho, I was on the bus into work this morning wearing one of my favorite jackets and I realised taht I dont think I ever washed it.

Now here is the clanger, I have the jacket around 3-4 years. It is a green jacket military jacket with a pink chinese style lining and I love it (just giving you all a mental picture).

Its a summer jacket and I dont wear it all the time, However I feel like a bit of a knacker that I have not washed it. I mean you wuld wash a t-shirt after one wear and maybe wear your jeans after 2-3 wears.

The question is, if your jacket does not smell, have stains or basically seem to need a wash should you still wash it. I think it could be ruined if I washed it and I would be gutted. Would it be full of bacteria after years or wearing it..

I swear I am not a smelly cow I just never really though about washing it before. ....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭misssouthside

I think it's better for your jacket to wash it. Not sure. Best bet? Bring it to the dry cleaner. Sure, its only a few euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Well, I presume you wear other stuff underneath it so it wouldn't get dirty as quickly as a t-shirt, for example. Still, no harm in washing it the odd time imo!

Advertisement