Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Butt-Ripped Jeans - Right or wrong??

• 29-06-2007 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I know the ripped jeans look has been back in for some time now but today for the first time in town I saw two separate incidences of the gaping-hole-under-the-back-pocket look.

Those that remember the early to mid-90's will know what I'm talking about I'm sure - a horizontal tear across that back of your jeans that showed all or part of your rosy, or not, bum cheek when you walked, bent over or moved in any way.

I was a bit shocked at first - partly by the number of disapproving glances both ladies received, but probably moreso that I haven't seen this before now. Maybe it's the fact that most ripped jeans you see on the streets are bought already in their distressed condition and there's no need to "create" the look like in previous times of popularity. I know in my ripped-jeans days I took great care to get them looking as good as possible (and yes, they ALL had holes in the backside!).

I'm not saying it's a look everyone should aspire too, but in a way if it means that one less person is wearing the exact same pair of distressed jeans that everyone else is wearing, then it should be seen as a positive, if slighty irreverent, look

Opinions, anyone??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭misssouthside

^^That was kinda confusing. But, basically, do you mean that you saw jeans with rips across the bum?
    I'm sorry, the 80s revival is cool and all...but erm, a 90s revival?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Beelzebub

Xcuse me for butting in here ladies sorry about that I couldn't resist - I know I should try harder...;)

So wrong that it's right.

But don't wear them to church, now that would be irreverent;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 devineamydevine

Yeah, kinda forget that the ripped jeans thing started in the 80's - my advancing years again! But yeah (butt no, butt yeah) there were holes across the bum of the jeans - big enough for a sizeable draught!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

only if the woman is hot, and is a woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Angel_Delight_7

Those jeans are definitely notfor me, but two of my friends now wear jeans like these, the slappers! They have the arses to carry them off too, the bitches grrrr :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Euww, no way, it's just too tacky-looking imo. Wear a miniskirt if you want to flash skin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 allabouttone

wrong.

Advertisement