Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Festival outfit!!! Help! (one for the girls)

Options
  • 24-06-2007 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

Right my head is wrecked, cant decide what the hell to wear for a festival. I'm a 22yr old girl. I'm not mad about my legs so I dunno if I have the courage to wear a skirt now that tights season is over! Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

Wear jeans/ three quarter lengths. And take clothes you don't mind getting dirty. Remember its a possibly going to be a mudbath, and everyone's going be filthy. If you dont have the courage to wear a skirt, then don't wear one.

And .... if you look at the stickies on the top of every single forum on boards, you'll see precisely why you weren't allowed to mention the name of the festival

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭misssouthside

wear some cheap skinny jeans from Penneys with some bright wellies, and wear some T-Shirts. Don't forget ur rainjacker...it'll be lashing, I bet! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Wear something fireproof

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭frizzefreckles

wear your oldest most comfortable clothes. Old jeans or cheap jeans from Pennys as missouthside suggested. A pair of old runners or wellies and a t-shirt will have you sorted. Don't forget to bring something water proof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Strawberries07

Wear jeans they'll keep ya warm when there's a cold wind blowing and some wellies they'll keep your feet nice and dry and bring a hoodie with a cute tee just incase the weather is hot hot hot. Also bring a rainjacket cuz hoodies feel awful when wet, oh so heavy and oh so cold... Trust me I know that department.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Who cares what you wear? Whatever you're gonna wear will get wrecked anyway.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Uh...worst thread ever.

Its a festival, you are gonna get pissed drunk, muddy, rained on and sweat like a donkey, who cares what you look like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

unfortunately there's a large amount of females who turn up just because 'festivals are cool' wear full make-up, their best clothes, and haven't a clue who the hell half the bands are.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭✭fits

Jaysus, it was a simple enough question. Way to generalise there Seraphina!
    Most of us want to look half decent most of the time, whats wrong with that?

I'm going to one in Europe in three weeks time, and I looked at photographs of last year... most of the girls were wearing bikinis, v worrying for me!

Think I'm going to go with the long skirt and vest top option for that one... no one was wearing jeans in the photos either and I aint exactly tanned...
    Doing a festival shop in penneys next week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i suggest you bring wellies,trust me you'll need them1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭highlight100

Right my head is wrecked, cant decide what the hell to wear for a festival. I'm a 22yr old girl. I'm not mad about my legs so I dunno if I have the courage to wear a skirt now that tights season is over! Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/happyaslarry/533558083/
    The tights season is never over! Go with the skirt,tights/leggings and wellies look. Is also far more practial for a fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

just go to penneys and get something cheap and trendy that you dont mind getting destroyed.

and wellies!!! ya gotsta have the wellies!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

What's the point of getting all dolled up? You're going to get destroyed! Yeah you get a few girls who are dolled up to the max and look like they should be in Lillies but the majority of girls just wear jeans and a hoodie or something comfortable. It's a long weekend and no doubt it'll piss rain so better off going for the comfort option!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭starlight07

GaRtH_V wrote:
    Uh...worst thread ever.

Its a festival, you are gonna get pissed drunk, muddy, rained on and sweat like a donkey, who cares what you look like?

eeeh because maybe Im planning on meeting up with a potential man friend!!! I know obviously I will get wrecked after a few hrs but im hopin I can look resonably decent for the 1st few hrs lol

Aslo, how is it the worst thread ever? its fashion and appearance, im lookin for an outfit that is suitable for a three day bender which is pretty damn hard considering the unpredictibilty of the weather!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭starlight07

Seraphina wrote:
    unfortunately there's a large amount of females who turn up just because 'festivals are cool' wear full make-up, their best clothes, and haven't a clue who the hell half the bands are.

Unfortunate for who exactly?? So just because somebody looks well or makes an effort that automatically means they dont know who the bands are? get a grip.

Unfortunate for who exactly?? So just because somebody looks well or makes an effort that automatically means they dont know who the bands are? get a grip.

Well said!

If I were you I'd keep a close eye on the weather forecast for it. Just because its horrible now, and it was horrible last year, doesnt mean it will be horrible in ten days time. You can't go too far wrong with a skirt with tights and wellies if its cold, flip flops if its hot and a hoodie & raincoat.
    Jeans are really uncomfortable in wet weather

http://www.madsnapperphotos.com/albums/lifefest2007/index.html

Heres some good (and practical) festival outfits.... Great pics, All the girls look great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

I personally find that leggings with cowboy boots are a good choice for festivals, practical and comfortable, and keep the mud out without needing to resort to wellies. When you get home, just rinse the mud off and rub the boots with some saddle soap.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭coolguy

Why d'ont u wear a long skirt with boots or wellies if u do not want to show your legs. Ah but what would i know as i am a guy!

D'ont wear jeans anyway they will stick to your legs when they get wet.

fits wrote:
    Well said!

If I were you I'd keep a close eye on the weather forecast for it. Just because its horrible now, and it was horrible last year, doesnt mean it will be horrible in ten days time. You can't go too far wrong with a skirt with tights and wellies if its cold, flip flops if its hot and a hoodie & raincoat.
    Jeans are really uncomfortable in wet weather

Flip Flops are a big no no. The ground is full of peoples rubbish and if you wear flip flops you are just asking for it to get stuck to your feet. Leave the flip flops for the beach and cover your feet up.

• Advertisement

Flip Flops are a big no no. The ground is full of peoples rubbish and if you wear flip flops you are just asking for it to get stuck to your feet. Leave the flip flops for the beach and cover your feet up.

Well... I'm quite a seasoned festival goer, and believe me, I'll be timing the wearing of the flip-flops..
    More likely to be in trainers anyway I'd say...

If the weather picks up as someone has told me it is forcast to do I will be wearing trainers and leaving the wellies at home. I wouldn't dream of wearing flip flops. Aside from the dirt think of all the people who will trample on your toes - ouch!

well that aint the festival I'm going to. Hopefully it will be better organised....
    www.dourfestival.be/en

Advertisement