Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posh's stilettos (and 'clothes')

Options
  • 08-06-2007 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

I debated whether to put this here or in Celebrity and Showbiz. Mods feel free to move as appropriate :)

Hmm

Well we've always known that Posh considered herself to be in charge of the Beckham relationship but it seems as though she is expressing that dominatrix aura openly now!

Looking at some of those pictures there is definitely more than a little dominatrix look here. Is Posh bringing a hitherto 'underground' kink into fashion? Can we look forward to hordes of Posh wannabes walking around dressed like this?

In short, do you think that what Posh or even other celebrities wears, really influences fashion?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Yeah, it's fine to discuss this here once you stick to the fashion side of things.

Posh certainly has a huge influence on her many fans but I think most of them copy her less daring looks, for the most part.

She's not the only one experimenting with dominatrix-style clothes either. I've seen stuff like latex leggings appreaing on fashion blogs. I hope they don't become mainstream, though - they would be very hard to carry off!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I do worry about this though because it really does take a certain demeanour to carry off dominatrix style clothing properly and lets face it, it's not the kind of clothing that everyone could get away with either regardless of demeanour. I'm thinking Little Britain here ;)

There have been elements of dominatrix clothing around in the Goth community for a long time I suppose but this is a little different and the fact that it looks a little more mainstream, coupled with it being worn by a well-known fashion icon celebrity, means it is more likely to reach the high street to my mind.

I suppose only time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I have to say after looking at those pictures I'm rather disappointed. Now if it had of been a little from A, B and C below I could well understand!
    Although I have no time for her, I do like her style!

47991626_4a6966dd50.jpg
    00150m.jpg
    Victoria%20Beckham%20bra.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I can see where you are coming from eo980!

btw, I'd like to point out I do NOT read the Daily Mail! I followed the link from elsewhere :)

r3nu4l wrote:
    I can see where you are coming from eo980!

btw, I'd like to point out I do NOT read the Daily Mail! I followed the link from elsewhere :)

hehe No worries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I love the Fendi belt she's wearing, wouldn't mind one myself *scoots off to BT* :D

I just don't know how she spends all day though in her 10" heels, her back must be in an awful state!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I actually think she's attractive (if too thin) and I like a lot of the stuff she wears.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Davids a lucky bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

eo980 wrote:

00150m.jpg

Thats just dreadful looking tbh. How you could wear that in public is beyond me. Makes her look ugly as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

if you look like her, you will look hot in anything!

• Advertisement

thrill wrote:
    Thats just dreadful looking tbh. How you could wear that in public is beyond me. Makes her look ugly as well.

I agree it's a terrible looking outfit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Shrimp wrote:
    Davids a lucky bollocks.

No he's just a bollocks and she's a pig with more money than dress sense - and what's with the stupid pout? She always has it on her like she's being intraveneously fed Botox. She's one of the most unattractive women I've ever seen.

I'm sick of people touting this talentless moron as some kind of fashion icon she hasn't a clue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

I have to say i love almost everything she wears. I think she's very stylish and puts it together really well. And yes celebs definitely do have an influence on fashion! Without a doubt!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I normally love her style, but that tartan skirt/long gloves combo is vile. And as for her dominatrix shoes? They made her look really cheap, like she shops in the Ilac centre or something :-DDD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

eamon234 wrote:
    No he's just a bollocks and she's a pig with more money than dress sense - and what's with the stupid pout? She always has it on her like she's being intraveneously fed Botox. She's one of the most unattractive women I've ever seen.

I'm sick of people touting this talentless moron as some kind of fashion icon she hasn't a clue.
    All I'm saying is I'd hit that, and I'd go to LA for like 1mil. a week. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭*tOpLaSs

The silver stillettos were hot that Posh wore to the MTV Movie Awards..But apart from that yuck..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

sometimes I like how she looks but she always tries too hard. At the moment shes wearing all tha skin tight fleuro neon bras and dominatrix shoes trying to get attention in LA (the black and white chanel outfit with the frilly knickers was pathetic cry for attention) but I always feel she doesnt have a genuine sense of how she really is or what she really likes. He style looks forced like someone told her it would look good so she wears it but then looks uncomfortable in it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,898 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I thought this was Mary Lou Donald for a second when I opened the link:

vbeckhamBIG0706_468x661.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

She's just an emaciated skanger - what's the big deal? Skanger with money = still a skanger. I always laughed at the 'posh' label. She looks like she should be serving behind the counter in a chippie in Essex somewhere.

That picture Stark posted looks like 98% of the punters who go to "Ritzy" nightclubs and the like. And the one with the tartan skirt and rubber gloves just makes her look like a particularly fearsome dinner lady.

Advertisement