Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting an interview with a foreign credential, vs. part-qualified CIMA?

Options
  • 22-08-2015 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone here might have some recent personal experience with entering the workforce in Ireland with a foreign designation.

Is a Canadian Certified Management Accounting (CMA) designation recognized at all (I'm newly qualified this year)?
    Has anyone had any experience talking their way into a job interview with a foreign Management Accounting credential? I'm not looking to do Audit or tax, but rather just hoping not to have to drop down to AP/AR clerk from my current position over the last couple of years as a Manager of Financial services (de facto controller - small company). My current target is something in the financial analyst range, hopefully -- I recognize competition with be uphill with no local experience.

If yes, how did you market your credential? E.g. CIMA provides exemptions for everything but the final level to a CMA, but I don't want to market myself as part qualified even though providing some local comparison seems appropriate.

I'm looking at coming over on a working holiday visa in the spring and I would appreciate any experiences/information people can provide while I start working on an Irish Style CV.

Thank you for making this far!
    (What a long first post - sheesh!)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭KlausFlouride

Contact a recruiter, they'll be able to give you a good idea, plus they'll give you an idea on job availability.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 CDNCMA

Thanks for replying.

We do have contacting recruiters on our list as well, as we are planning to be in Dublin in mid-December as a part of our trip to visit family over the holidays in Germany.

Advertisement