Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Announces The Hudl2 - 16GB Intel Quad Core, 8.3" 1080P - Only £129

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

RossieMan wrote: »
    thats 1 day delivery?

Sorry I ordered on Saturday, Tesco let you pick a delivery date, I went for Mon the 3rd, it arrived on the Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

pedatron wrote: »
    Parcel Motel just text me. Parcel has been found and is in my depot right now! My constant badgering and nagging paid off! :D

Nice one! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

beno619 wrote: »
    Yep. Paid for 1 day delivery, took 2 days but wont kick up a fuss.

I haven't been able to get the parcel motel details to work. It keeps asking me for a uk phone number with a particular area code.

Did you use any particular tricks to get it to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Beekay wrote: »
    I haven't been able to get the parcel motel details to work. It keeps asking me for a uk phone number with a particular area code.

Did you use any particular tricks to get it to work?

Have this exact same problem. Have tried everything too, still doesn't take it.
    Interested in hearing how to get around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

have you tried the actual parcel motel phone number?
    08454 008 008 (GB);
    028 90 825371 (NI).

• Advertisement

i'll try those whenever money next allows. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭pedatron

Fired it up last night. Really nice tablet. Very similar to a nexus 7 I feel. Lots of tesco bloatware on it but A quick install of Nova Launcher and it was right as rain. I'll probably upgrade to Nova prime and get the moonshine icon pack and i'll have a lovely looking Lollipop 5.0 tablet!!!.........(that's for my mam :D)

daytob wrote: »
    have you tried the actual parcel motel phone number?
    08454 008 008 (GB);
    028 90 825371 (NI).

Still getting this error when using either of these phone numbers
    Tesco wrote:
    Your phone number must begin with 01, 02 or 07 and contain 10 or 11 digits including the dialling code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Beekay wrote: »
    Still getting this error when using either of these phone numbers

Just use a random number? i.e. 075512300991

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Screen casting just came on this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Was the phone number issue solved?

Have to order this next Wednesday and need it to go through asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

dahat wrote: »
    Was the phone number issue solved?

Have to order this next Wednesday and need it to go through asap.

Use Parcel Motels NI number.

Parcel motels number didnt work for me the last time i tried. Will be trying again later tonight, will report back.

Is there too much Tesco bloatware on it to have it as a Santa present?
    Would the Yoga 8 be better option?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Is there too much Tesco bloatware on it to have it as a Santa present?
    Would the Yoga 8 be better option?

Hopefully someone else will provide some good details on the Hudl, but I done a reasonably quick check on reviews for both Hudl 2 and Yoga, and the Hudl 2 is getting very good reviews. The Yoga appears to get average reviews.

I've settled on the Hudl 2 for Christmas for the kids.

MaceFace wrote: »
    Hopefully someone else will provide some good details on the Hudl, but I done a reasonably quick check on reviews for both Hudl 2 and Yoga, and the Hudl 2 is getting very good reviews. The Yoga appears to get average reviews.

I've settled on the Hudl 2 for Christmas for the kids.

Tesco bloat ware issue still remains, hard to explain to a kid that Santa got it in Tesco!

RossieMan wrote: »
    Parcel motels number didnt work for me the last time i tried. Will be trying again later tonight, will report back.

I used the parcel motel NI number and just added random digits onto the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Tesco bloat is mostly avoidable, tesco widgets take up the left most pane of the homescreen where Goodle Now would usually reside.
    Installing the Google Now launcher will sovle that.

Haven't tried uninstalling tesco apps yet.

ordered earlier, wasn't asked for any number this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

At 129 pound minus vouchers id soon get used to the bloatware. Had a Hudl1 for over 10 months now & hardly notice it. Mind you, you can always buy a ipad mini for around 320 pound that has no bloatware on it.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Tesco bloat ware issue still remains, hard to explain to a kid that Santa got it in Tesco!

But not that Santa's elves are subcontracted to Apple, Samsung, etc? Hrrrrm. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

So has anyone unlocked / flashed this yet and wiped it down to a new ROM without all the bloat? If so.... how did that go?

Is it obtainable only online or also in store? I have a sister in the London area who could pick this up for me were I to buy it. I live in Germany so can not order it directly myself I think.

Only UK available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

So has anyone unlocked / flashed this yet and wiped it down to a new ROM without all the bloat? If so.... how did that go?

Is it obtainable only online or also in store? I have a sister in the London area who could pick this up for me were I to buy it. I live in Germany so can not order it directly myself I think.

Only UK available?

Sold in store also.
    I installed Nova launcher and disabled all bloat ware. Only Tesco branding is on the covers I bought for them.
    Took 5 mins and is an excellent device.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

Kewl thanks for that :)

I have a HTC One and I enjoyed flashing it completely and installing the Cyanogenmod. So would enjoy doing something like this here too. For this price I might even find myself ordering two of them.

Anyone go with any of the optional extras? Any of them any good? Are any of the covers robust enough to be word buying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

is there any screen issues such as light bleed or bad viewing angles on the Hudl2?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭k123456

I have one , v happy with it

excellent battery

generic third party cases can be bought on Ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭pedatron

k123456 wrote: »
    I have one , v happy with it

excellent battery

generic third party cases can be bought on Ebay

How long is your battery lasting? I'm getting awful standby times. If i left it alone for two days and didn't touch it in standby it'd be almost certainly gone flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Sheldons Brain

Can you use 26 county Tesco clubcard vouchers towards this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Can you use 26 county Tesco clubcard vouchers towards this?

Definitely not if you call them that. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 ollieelfie

does anyone know if we can use clubcard from republic to order the hudl 2 ? Also , when signing in to tesco ,can i use my irish sign-in details ? I am hoping to use parcel motel for delivery

Advertisement