Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kanturk railway remains

Options
  • 29-05-2014 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭

Hard to photo, but there used to be a three-pier bridge crossing the road and river. The embankment forms the boundary of the town park and all three piers can still be seen, together with a bridge adjacent over the Mill Culvert that forms another boundary of the park

x205k4.jpg
    2hpod9i.jpg
    16h6b94.jpg
    hvz4ev.jpg
    2iqehl0.jpg
    2e57974.jpg

and finally how it once was

1t50lz.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

When's the reopening ceremony? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

I'm working on it, but there's just me doing everything in the K&N Railway Society

• Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

When's the reopening ceremony? :D
    when we get 6111 up and running (that will be never)

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

If this works, the burnt out station can be seen alongside the half-demolished bakery with the Staionmasters house towards the bottom of the frame

au7arn.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,076 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

corktina wrote: »
    I'm working on it, but there's just me doing everything in the K&N Railway Society

Nature reclaims everything.

• Advertisement

yep there was even tress growing out of the top of the middle pier which was "restored" a couple of years back

Advertisement