Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

has anyone used www.unlock.ie

Options
  • 19-01-2013 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

has anyone used the website unlock.ie? is it safe? will i still receive software updates if i unlock my phone from my carrier? want to unlock nokia lumia 800

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Considering they allow Paypal and are relatively cheap I'd say you're okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭James201213

Danger781 wrote: »
    Considering they allow Paypal and are relatively cheap I'd say you're okay.

If it turns out to be a scam will pay pal refund me?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Not sure what the procedure is being honest. Google the paypal appeals policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

If it turns out to be a scam will pay pal refund me?

No, because it's not a tangible item.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭James201213

Has anyone used the site or can recommend a different safe site?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?subforums=1&forum=411&query=unlock.ie

Seems safe. A few threads saying it is OK.

Example:
    kleefarr wrote: »
    Er...

I am delighted to report that, thanks to DonFred and unlock.ie, I have now got the Vodafone C3 Pink working on O2 for my wife.

Seems grand. Yes, there is only a handful of posts mentioning them, but give it a shot.

That said, be careful. Apparently (according to one post I've seen), the code is a special code only known by the manufacturer AND the network. (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81336652&postcount=7)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tyrrello

I used unlock.ie to unlock my Samsung A5. Top class service from Eoin. Brilliant instructions and had the phone code in less than a day. Highly recommend them

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

I know this is an old thread, but same here. Had my unlock code within 5 mins. Found them excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

Found myself in need of this service for a Y6 2018.. will try them later and will report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I use ebay, never had a problem, just picked the cheapest.

• Advertisement

Ok the order is in and €24.99 is gone from Paypal

Now we play the waiting game

Ok they came back last night with the code and it worked a charm, brand new Tesco Y6 2018 is now running a Three sim... Tesco wanted €150 to unlock !!

So all I can say is this service is indeed genuine and I'm a very happy customer :)

Oh and it was same day service which is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭RobiePAX

Yeap, Unlock.io definitely safe. I was sceptical as well initially. Literally the only reason I gave them a chance because they accept Paypal, who in return refund you money if you get scammed.

But no problems there, unlocked my Huawei P20 Lite within 1 hour when local mobile repair shops told me "can't be done" for some reason on this model.

I've also tried to unlock one old Nokia smartphone. But didn't get any unlock code for over 15 hours. I was getting concerned. But then I received a refund with a message "sorry, we couldn't find unlock code for this phone". I appreciate that they send refund themselves, instead of you going through trouble requesting it in such circumstances.

Advertisement