Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pioneer Hdj 2000's Or Beats By Dr Dre Pro

Options
  • 15-02-2012 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭

Quick question for the djs on here, Im looking to buy a decent set of cans, Either Pioneer HDJ 2000's or Beats by Dr Dre pros, can anyone recommend a set good sound and a decent build.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

Neither of these for starters

try sennheiser hd25-1 ii

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYdVUJIxK8SfJqNj0Dy13iRM2J252I8x03BBXRDKQOlJ0rE79Ii3BHu6OxNg

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Supraman

Beats by Dre not worth it at all to be honest , I was in New York recently and tested all of them , bought a pair of Sennheiser in the end , cant remember what code they are though . A lot cheaper & better quality. Beats by Dre = Sheep by Dre more like for those who buy them .

By the way this is coming from someone who is a big fan of Dre's music so I'm not bashing his name for the fun of it .

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I'd second the vote for the Sennheiser HD25-1 ii. Or you could also try the AIAIAI TMA-1, another superb headphone, picked up a set a few weeks ago and love them...

http://www.aiaiai.dk/store/headphones/tma-1

They look, sound and feel great.

tma1-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I've a pair of both. While I've never used Sennheiser HD-25's before I've heard they sound great.

But to your original question, if the headphones are for DJ'ing then don't go near the beats. They're not strong or durable for the regular wear and tear they'll pick up from DJ'ing. The HDJ 2000's are a great set of cans and really comfortable to wear while DJ'ing. They sound great with a focus on the low-end which makes beat mixing a dream.

However if your looking for a set for everyday use around the house then I'd go for the beats. I know most people would swear against them but I've a pair of Solo HD's and they sound great. I've used a fair few sets of headphones over the years and the beats are the best sounding ones I've ever used. Not very strong and can be uncomfortable after long periods of using them but I think they sound great. I've heard bad things about the beats pros. There supposed to be a bit big and heavy for headphones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

May be true, but you will look like a nob wearing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I'd second the vote for the Sennheiser HD25-1 ii. Or you could also try the AIAIAI TMA-1, another superb headphone, picked up a set a few weeks ago and love them...

http://www.aiaiai.dk/store/headphones/tma-1

They look, sound and feel great.

tma1-1.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

I had the 25s for ages, then they got lost/stolen, so I replaced them with the Aiaiais. Still undecided about them. Sound quality for me isn't quite as good, but they are more comfortable. Maybe I'm just not used to the sound yet.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I had the 25s for ages, then they got lost/stolen, so I replaced them with the Aiaiais. Still undecided about them. Sound quality for me isn't quite as good, but they are more comfortable. Maybe I'm just not used to the sound yet.

My initial thought when I compared my TMA-1 to the 25s was that I preferred the 25s, again I've had the 25s for years and I'm very familiar with the sound and general usage.

A few weeks into the TMAs and I'm undecided - just again this morning I compared them after I read your post, I've 2 headphone jacks on my mixer so I plugged in both and swapped quickly from one to the other... what is very obvious is the switch from quite a deep almost flat sound on the TMA to a much brighter/trebly sound on the 25s - in fact they both sound too much one way or the other when I compare them in this way but when listening for a while on either I get quite used to them and happy with the overall range. In terms of comfort and a general sense of durability I think the TMA do have the edge. I suppose the real test would be playing out and seeing how the TMA stack up versus the 25s, again it would be nice to switch from one to the other and hear the results...

The TMAs certainly have had a lot of big names using or testing them, quite clear on the AIAIAI blog below, it doesn't seem to really give any of their thoughts though on using them, just a profile on each of the DJs/producers really.

http://www.aiaiai.dk/blog/tag/tma-1

quite a deep almost flat sound on the TMA to a much brighter/trebly sound on the 25s

Had been trying to find a proper way to describe it. You just did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Thanks for the advice lads will go with the sennheiser hd25-1 ii , I had a chance to demo both the sennheiser hd25-1 ii and the Beats pro in HMV in London the weekend and the sennheiser hd25-1 ii blew them out of the water the beats sounded shocking for the price tag, What confuses me I saw a few djs wearing the beats pro in the main room in the wright venue and thought they must be half decent.
    But any dj that wears the beats cans needs their heads and hearing checked, an over priced fashion accessorie.

in the main room in the wright venue

Self-explanatory really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

My mate has the AIAIAI's, and now he asks me can he use my HD-25s when gigging in a club environment. The TMA-1s have awful isolation in comparison, the head band doesn't fit tightly around your head because of the rubbery material, the HD-25's feel like suction cups. If you're producing go for the TMA-1s, if you're gigging use the HD-25s.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

HD 25's all the way.

Made in Ireland, all the parts are replaceable, they last forever and they sound exactly the way they need to sound for playing out. The brightness of the treble cuts like a knife and they're incredibly comfortable. Not a huge fan of them for recreational use, but in the club they're the only headphones I'd ever use.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

If you cant afford the HD 25s, the Sennheiser HD 205s are very good value for their price. Id check them out if there more your price range of about €30-50.

If you cant afford the HD 25s, the Sennheiser HD 205s are very good value for their price. Id check them out if there more your price range of about €30-50.

Only problem with them is everyone knows you can't afford proper headphones. They are good headphones for the price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Only problem with them is everyone knows you can't afford proper headphones. They are good headphones for the price though.

Crying-meme_large.png

Advertisement