Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's John Eagleton?

Options
  • 13-12-2010 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

For the past few months it has come to my attention that John Eagleton is not doing the weather forecasts on RTE. He is one of the most credible forecasters out there, going into great detail explaining and giving the weather. Does anyone know where he is gone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

He's retired from doing TV forecasts, can still hear him on the radio though:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056099917&highlight=eagleton

Pity, as next weekend would have him seen him bouncing up and down with anticipation :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭CarDriver

He sure would. Thanks for letting me know that. Mods can close the thread now if they wish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Hang on, don't close it yet.

Keep it open for a while to let those of us who appreciated his style of presenting the weather say so.

I found that Eagleton had the knack of communicating what is a complex science in a manner which was easily understood.

I wish him well in his (semi) retirement.

EDIT: Oops, I've just noticed that link above is to a thread doing just that. Sorry.

Lock away !

Advertisement