Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How I met your mother

Options
  • 13-12-2010 1:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Halfway through series 2. Am I correct in guessing he doesn't marry Robin ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Yes. Now watch something good instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dymo

We don't know yet, but clues have been suggested otherwise. I'm guessing the writers still don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Considering there are six seasons and counting you can take it there's a lot you don't know about the show just yet. Stick with it or don't, but stop guessing after 2 seasons :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

iMax wrote: »
    Halfway through series 2. Am I correct in guessing he doesn't marry Robin ?

I think throughout the entire series there's a building sexual tension between the 2 and Robin definitely longs for him sexually............ but I don't think Batman ever reciprocates!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

If he marries her, why on earth would his kids call her "Aunt"? (or rather, why does he refer to her as "Aunt Robin" when talking to the kids).

She's obviously not the mother (unless the kids don't know, which would be strange for a sitcom), and unless he gets married more than once, then I seriously doubt it.

There's also clues later on that indicate it's definitely not her who's the mother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

the very first episode he says "and thats how i met your aunt robin"

also dunno if youve seen it yet so this is risky, at one point he talks about
    that aunt robin never married, and also aunt robin taking the kids to the zoo

yeah it took a dip ther for a season or two, but the current season is back on form, but the dip wont be half as obvious if your ploughing through them, lucky you,

i wish i could watch it again for the first time, that would be legend:Ddairy

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 252 ✭✭viclemronny

don ramo wrote: »

also dunno if youve seen it yet so this is risky, at one point he talks about
    that aunt robin never married, and also aunt robin taking the kids to the zoo

yeah it took a dip ther for a season or two, but the current season is back on form, but the dip wont be half as obvious if your ploughing through them, lucky you,

i wish i could watch it again for the first time, that would be legend:Ddairy

Just wanted to comment on this. I watched them all in one big block up to the start of this season. I think I got through 1-5 in about 4/5 weeks. I didn't notice much of a dip at all but several people who watched it as it was broadcast have said there was a big dip.

Now that I'm watching each episode of Season 6 as it's broadcast, I find it a lot less entertaining. So this definitely makes a difference.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

don ramo wrote: »

Not only that, but the kids reply with "Aunt Robin! But I thought you were going to tell us about how you met mom?" Makes it pretty obvious they know who Robin is and that she is not their mother.

Killing that on the head in the very first episode was a brave move for the show. But I suppose it stopped it from it being a will-they-won't-they thing between Ted and Robin, which has been the death of many a US series with tension between the leads.

Advertisement